Help Menu Additional Pages [Deleted]

Hi Antony, great job :)
One question: If I edit the Help.php file, isn't overwritten by upgrade process?

That's the point of the add-on; it doesn't edit any core files, it extends them.

So no, upgrading won't affect it.

Is there a convention at work here that I don't understand?

The installation instructions say "Upload the /library/ folder, overwriting it." If I were to do this, I would lose everything in the /library/ folder, replacing it all with the uploaded matter -- a single /HelpMenu/ folder.

What I did instead was to upload the /HelpMenu/ folder into the /library/ folder, which works and does no damage.

I hate to think of what would have happened had I followed the instructions explicitly.

Brilliant modification, by the way. Works beautifully. I appreciate it so much. But unless I'm missing something, the instructions could be clearer.

Question about this: I'm not very knowledgeable, so you'll have to excuse me if this is really basic. But how do you change the title of a specific page in the Help page menu?

Is there a convention at work here that I don't understand?

The installation instructions say "Upload the /library/ folder, overwriting it." If I were to do this, I would lose everything in the /library/ folder, replacing it all with the uploaded matter -- a single /HelpMenu/ folder.

That's not true. When you overwrite you don't remove the content, so have that in mind. When such scenario happens, it's indeed overwrites the /library/ folder, but not it's content, so it's still there. You can also call that merging two identical folders.

Question about this: I'm not very knowledgeable, so you'll have to excuse me if this is really basic. But how do you change the title of a specific page in the Help page menu?
Just go to the phrases system and search for the name of the page, for instance: imprint. You should find it easily. :)

Thanks!

I'm trying to change "Newbie" to something else.

I found it in three places:
style_property_helpMenuNewbie_description_master
style_property_helpMenuNewbie_master
help_newbie

Do I change it in each case there)? And do I need to change anything in the following code:

Code:
<xen:require css="help_menu.css" />

<xen:if is="@helpMenuNewbie">
<xen:title>{xen:phrase help_newbie}</xen:title>
    <div class="messageText ugc baseHtml helpAbout">
        <div class="helpAboutTitle"></div>

or in the helps_link_wrapper?

Appreciate the help. :)

Thanks!

I'm trying to change "Newbie" to something else.

I found it in three places:
style_property_helpMenuNewbie_description_master
style_property_helpMenuNewbie_master
help_newbie

Do I change it in each case there)? And do I need to change anything in the following code:

Code:
<xen:require css="help_menu.css" />

<xen:if is="@helpMenuNewbie">
<xen:title>{xen:phrase help_newbie}</xen:title>
    <div class="messageText ugc baseHtml helpAbout">
        <div class="helpAboutTitle"></div>

or in the helps_link_wrapper?

Appreciate the help. :)

You only need to change the phrase, which in this case is help_newbie

I'm interested in this add-on BUT after installing it will I have to also do the steps stated under Problems?

You have to add them manually into that page, as it contains no hooks for automatic addition, thus you can copy the listed data provided in installation instructions, overwriting default XF.

OR... you just add what you want based on what links you're implementing.

I'm a bit confused on what the addon actually does compared to all the steps listed under Problems and which steps are necessary.

Top Bottom