1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me make up my mind!

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Ferdilicious, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Ferdilicious

Ferdilicious New Member

Until a few days ago, I was concentrated and fully decided to purchase the vBulletin software, because it seemed like it was the most powerful and popular forum software.

Now I discovered XenForo and my decision is having a few second thoughts though. I'd like to know a lot more about this software and to make up my mind for my future community. I am already testing a demo and actually considering to use this software. What do the other clients say?

Peggy and erich37 like this.
  2. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

XF is the best software solution available.
    modern - intuitive - dedicated developers.

3. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

If you want a billion add on and options (and most likely headaches) go with vbulletin, if you want something new and evolving, with wayyy less headaches, go with xenforo. Both have their plus and negatives but in the short time this product has been out it has not disappointed me and I quite enjoy using it. My members think it's modern and looks great, they enjoy using it too, and that's what matters. vbulletin is history for us.

Peggy likes this.
  4. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

I'll tell you the same as my co-xenforo-lovers above.

<3 it. Never wanna lose it. vBulletin is history.

5. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

If it's a choice between the latest XF and the latest VB then it's not even a competition any more.

VB has gone downhill quickly. XF is still missing a few add ons which some sites might need but I certainly wouldn't recommend VB4 as an alternative.

6. Ferdilicious

Ferdilicious New Member

From what I see until now, I love it - it's amazing, full of features. I might purchase this software, just have to decide with my other partners. Anyway, thanks for the help!

One thing » Is it easy to customize the theme? I mean changing the fonts, a few colors, links etc.

7. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

This is easy. However if you go into deep styling, things are more complex. I have yet seen a xenforo board where i did not recognize xenforo from the start.

8. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

check the video:
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/playing-with-color.3798/

9. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

The poeple who created vb and made it the most powerful and popular forum software, are the same people who develop xenforo. Except they left vb and its a nightmare there.
    Have You Seen...?
    Try a Free Demo - it speaks for itself

10. HoddzDJ

HoddzDJ Active Member

I have been a vBulletin user for some time, I still hold a licence with them as I purchased it out right. I don't renew it anymore, but I have it. I have been an XenForo fan ever since I found it back in whenever it was. I purchased a licence for XenForo as soon as they became available and do not regret it. As soon as I got it installed, I loved it even more than I thought I ever would! The design is sleek and loads up much faster than any other software I have used, and I have used many of the free ones along with both vB and IPB.

If you are wanting something that is going to last long, and is highly customisable by yourself and others, then XenForo is the only board you need to consider!!

Peggy likes this.
  11. 3rd AnGle

3rd AnGle Well-Known Member

No doubt... XenForo is the winner. I wouldn't even waste a single minute trying to weigh the two options.

Peggy likes this.
  12. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

I was the same way actually, and I was very close to being a converted VB fanboy. However, I was introduced to Xenforo and my exact thought was: "That's the sexiest thing I have ever seen! :ROFLMAO: " To this date, I have been a die hard xenforo fan, and I always will be. Considering buying a second license soon actually :)

ShadyX likes this.
  13. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

If you prefer something that is light-weight, easily customizable, engaging for users, and has a great support community go with xF. However, if you wish to have a bloated, headache to manage, "I can't find where anything important is" for users, and a support community that has most of its population bickering about the bad software then go vB. Choose wisely.

14. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Most of us have used vBulletin in the past.
    Most of were vBulletin fans.
    If this was 2008, I'd say get vBulletin.
    I find using vBulletin painful now.

D.O.A. and a legacy reborn like this.
  15. Ferdilicious

Ferdilicious New Member

I am carefully analyzing at this point and to be honest, XenForo seems to be the optimal choice. Thanks for sharing your opinions, I didn't spotted this excitement at the vBulletin community, when I asked how do clients feel about their software.

D.O.A., a legacy reborn and Russ like this.