1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me get my head around user groups and account upgrades

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Brett Peters, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Brett Peters

Brett Peters Well-Known Member

I am just about to start having a look at XF's registration options and am currently looking at allowing a registered group as well as a paid user group and being new to this I have some questions.

If I set a paid user group as an option to the normal registration then during sign up can one select the paid registration ? or is this only an option once a member ?

Also I am wondering if XF has a way to send separate registration emails depending on which registration option was selected ?

Any input is welcome

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Brett Peters

I know that the manual covers the titles but it obviously does not cover what I posted and although I appreciate the links I just dont know what I can do with them in this case.
    Registration for added user groups seems to be a lengthy multistage process so unless it has bee suggested prior I might have to post one.

4. Brogan

Well I already explained that applying for a user upgrade isn't an option at registration - it would require a custom add-on.

The suggestion has already been made - search the suggestions forum.

5. Brett Peters

I know and it was much appreciated, I am just searching through the suggestions trying to find it as we speak.

6. Brogan

7. Brett Peters

cheers for the update, I did search "registration", "user groups" and "upgrades" in the suggestions forum titles prior to posting.
    Am checking those links out now ;)