[Help] Convert attachment from Vbulletin to Xenforo

quydo

Hi everybody

I have just converted my forum Vbulletin to Xenforo. All thing are good except attachments.

I find step by step based on attachment_id. In xf_attachment table, from attachment_id => data_id. In xf_attachment_data, from data_id => file_hash. I try to search file_hash in data/attachments and internal_data/attachments folders, but nothing found :(. Only data save in mysql database (table)

In new xenforo forum, I try to add some attachments, follow those above steps, I find correct attachment that I try.

Please tell me what wrong when I convert. And I want to convert only attachments from Vbulletin to Xenforo for replace incorrect attachments data. How can I do it

I'm sorry for bad English skill, hope you understand what I said :p

THank in advanced :(

The only reason that would happen is if the attachments couldn't be written, though I believe that should cause an error.

Unfortunately, there's no built in way to fix it, short of doing an entirely new import (which would require you to do a fresh install to remove all existing data).

I was chown user apache (php-fpm execute user) and chmod 777 -R folder data and internal_data first

If I want to reconvert only attachments, I can write an php program that update base on attachment_id? (attachment_id in both Vbulletin and Xenforo are same)

The software doesn't support selectively reimporting only attachments. The importer maintains a session and the modules are dependent on each other. You can't step in the middle of that process. Yes, you can create something custom to do only attachments but that's not officially supported.

XF groups the attachments using the data_id into groups of 1000. /path/0/ contains data_ids 0-999. /path/1/ contains data_ids 1000-1999. Etc.

The software doesn't support selectively reimporting only attachments. The importer maintains a session and the modules are dependent on each other. You can't step in the middle of that process. Yes, you can create something custom to do only attachments but that's not officially supported.

XF groups the attachments using the data_id into groups of 1000. /path/0/ contains data_ids 0-999. /path/1/ contains data_ids 1000-1999. Etc.

Thank you for helping me. Can you tell me a little about mechanism save attachment when user upload :p

Top Bottom