Hello XF, I am coming from vBulletin...

MrZeropage

Hello out there,

after long time of thinking I decided to finally get in touch with XF - after 17 years of vBulletin and being there in vB2.2.x/3.x/4.x up to latest versions, but skipping vB5.

I am a developer, maybe somebody remembers "ibProArcade for vBulletin" which was my largest project from 2005-2018 and is still supported (last update was for PHP7-compatibility).

I hope to get used with XF at all, my idea is to provide quality and secure addons with all my knowledge in 17 years of communities/forums.
And beside that, I also hope to find back some people I knew from the vB-community, there have been great guys around with creativity, spirit and knowledge.

So, I am happy to say "Hello world." to all of you here :)

Greetings from Germany,
Marcel 😎 (aka MrZeropage)

Thanks for warm welcome :)

First I need to get into XF before making any plans, and I won't promise anything at the current state.
I just purchased my license some minutes ago ✌

I hope I can expect hooks/plugins at the same great level I was used to in vB, so that great feature and ideas can found their way into code.

PS: anybody knows why I see "Your full account details are not currently editable." in my profile settings?

"One of us! One of us!"

Hi Zero - you'd know me as Oblivion Knight (an alias I haven't used since those days). I hope you're well?
Yes, of course I know you and have a smile on my face now to see people from "the good old times" being here and being active, that's great and feels like there is more than little gloom of spirit over there!

Thanks for asking, I am fine. My kids are 17 and 10 now, and along with my new wife our daughter is on the way to this world in May'19.

Yes, of course I know you and have a smile on my face now to see people from "the good old times" being here and being active, that's great and feels like there is more than little gloom of spirit over there!

Thanks for asking, I am fine. My kids are 17 and 10 now, and along with my new wife our daughter is on the way to this world in May'19.
There's more of us here than you'd realise.. 😊

My wife and I had our first child in April this year. Completely changes things! Congrats on your upcoming addition.

Hello out there,

Greetings from Germany,
Marcel 😎(aka MrZeropage)

Hello and Welcome,

we have also migrated a German forum (vB3.8.11) to xenforo last week and are very excited about the variety of possibilities in Xenforo forums.

For you as a developer xenforo is a real "goodie", you should do the same in a password-protected subforum another migration and there in config.php enable the debug mode. You will be fascinated after a short while.

Xenforo in v 2.0 also has little weaknesses, so you can set in any forum the rights so that users can only answer in their own threads, but still read in all threads, but I think sooner or later.

Greetings, also from Germany ...

(googletranslate)

Hello out there,

after long time of thinking I decided to finally get in touch with XF - after 17 years of vBulletin and being there in vB2.2.x/3.x/4.x up to latest versions, but skipping vB5.

I am a developer, maybe somebody remembers "ibProArcade for vBulletin" which was my largest project from 2005-2018 and is still supported (last update was for PHP7-compatibility).

I hope to get used with XF at all, my idea is to provide quality and secure addons with all my knowledge in 17 years of communities/forums.
And beside that, I also hope to find back some people I knew from the vB-community, there have been great guys around with creativity, spirit and knowledge.

Greetings from Germany,
Marcel 😎(aka MrZeropage)
You are late! :)

You are late! :)
Better late than never 😊

Honestly I was busy with technical support for several Wordpress-websites and developing some custom software for one client in the past years. Had only few vBulletin-clients left, and beside that business I also had some changes in private life, like changing the job to another company and business, and back after a year. Then finally in 2018 I got back to have a family, a wife, so now I am settled and the mind is open for new things like XF ✌

Now happy to be here, and curious about how to develop on this platform.

Top Bottom