Hello from the future - GDPR report!

Sim

I'm here reporting from the future (in Australia) where it's already GDPR day, and I'm happy to inform you that the sun did indeed come up.

At least I assume it did, it's a bit cloudy, but it's no longer dark outside.

So rest assured, the world hasn't ended yet***

Just saying.

(*** - there is still a chance that the world may end in just over 2 hours time, once GMT ticks over to the 25th :p )

Have faith - 0ne hour to go over in the little island off the EU mainland and no earth tremors or signs of Armageddon yet - I heard that the German Health Service are on full alert monitoring @Kirby 's sleep pattern in anticipation :)

LOL.

Although it is not doomsday, we already shut down 4 websites today in relation to GDPR and received 2 GDPR-based legal steps threats.
Now waiting for the first warning letter from a lawyer.

I am still taking bets if it will arrive on our fax machine this afternoon or not :)

Last edited:
I have my GDPR handling setup all ready:

giphy.gif

I am completely shocked!

When I was at a local gas station today. the guy in front of me payed with a debit card but the cashier didn't inform him about their privacy policy.
They did not even have information bruchures available for customers.

This is unbelievable, a totally irresponsible and unacceptable behaviour :mad:

I'll have to find out how i can sue them next time I pay with my debit card (I payed cash today, so there fortunately was no issue as there was no data) and this disgrace happens to me :ROFLMAO:

I’m surprised we have heard nothing from Wikipedia - they process all kinds of personal data especially dates of peoples’ death.

Karl Marx, Einstein, Jayne Mansfield all rising from their graves ready to demand erasure.

I'll just be glad when the future is the past, so that I'll stop getting updated privacy policy emails from every site I've signed up with in the last decade, many of which I'd completely forgot about. And also because then we'll know that the XF team is for sure back to work on 2.1 instead of working without pay for the EU. :)

Imagine if Thanos had got hold of the GDPR infinity stone and with a click of his fingers, half the websites in the world simply disappeared! :eek:

I just got back from vacation and the internet is a mess. No, I don't want to read your terms. Thanks, EU :)

Last edited:
It's amazing how many newsletter/offer emails I'm still getting from large companies that I know haven't asked me to agree to them using my PII

I reckon GDPR is going to be the PPI claim of the future....

"Have you previously used the internet? Your Data could have been used without your permission. Phone us, your claim could be worth thousands ....."

I reckon GDPR is going to be the PPI claim of the future....

"Have you previously used the internet? Your Data could have been used without your permission. Phone us, your claim could be worth thousands ....."
If this ends up happening I'm holding you personally responsible for giving them this idea.

Pls no 😣

Fillip

Top Bottom