Header Logo is Crunched or Not Showing

Divinum Fiat

I followed instructions and uploaded a transparent png file to the public_html (also tried placing it directly in the library folder.

Then went to appearance/styles/default style/style property groups/header and navigation and tried adding it using:

http://corefreedom.com/Blueprint4Love_Translogo.png and also just using Blueprint4Love_Translogo.png

But it won't show. What am I missing?

header.webp

Upload the logo to your styles directory.

Enter the path in Style Properties like so: styles/corefreedom/xenforo/Blueprint4Love_Translogo.png

If you don't already have a directory on your server for your style, I would recommend creating one and copying all the default style directories and images to it, then updating the path in your style, like so: Style Properties -> General -> Path to Images: Styles/corefreedom

This will prevent any custom images being overwritten during an upgrade.

Thank you both!

I'm having a struggle when reading instructions as it 'rarely' states where exactly to put things. It usually says 'upload to directory' but when I look at the directory through Filezilla I wouldn't know that placing it in a specific place is of importance. For the pros this is a no-brainer but maybe more detailed instructions in the 'help manual' would help us non-techies. :p

Brogan, I'm trying to switch back to the XF style template (hence I'm working on a test forum on how to do that). Do I still need to create a 'styles' directory then or is that just for custom templates?

I'm having a struggle when reading instructions as it 'rarely' states where exactly to put things.

This is because there is no "correct" place to upload images, etc. It's entirely up to you, but most people follow convention and put their logo in the style directory.

You should always use your own style directory.

Otherwise when you upgrade, your custom images will be overwritten, assuming they have the same names, such as logo.png, logo.og.png, etc.

It is still not showing. From Filezilla I used the path styles/default/ and then placed it in 'xenforo.' I first created its own directory under styles/corefreedom and placed it there, but it's not showing in either place.

Right now I'm using:

styles/default/xenforo/Blueprint4Love_Translogo.png

I tried renaming the logo and re-uploading it to a few places. But it's not showing. :(

I created a new directory under 'styles' called 'corefreedom' and then placed the logo in there. But that's all that's in that file.Trying to use styles/corefreedom/Blueprint4Love_Translogo.png. Not working.

I'm trying to figure out how to make a copy of the 'default' or 'xenforo' folder and place it in the corefreedom folder as well. Not sure I even need that but it's not allowing me to make copies of that folder.

:(

Let's sort out the default style first.
Upload the logo to styles/default/xenforo
Then set the path and filename in ACP to:
styles/default/xenforo/Blueprint4Love_Translogo.png

@Brogan I'm having the same problem as the OP. Logo either loads about 50% then stops or is missing altogether. Keeps happening to me and others are reporting it as well.

So even though when I upload the logo for each style it goes in the data folder, I need to use FTP, put it in the style folder and overwrite path?

Top Bottom