Header and footer messed up

Hyperion

Any idea where I would fix the following issues:

headers.webp

footer.webp

As you can see the headers to my forums are gone. Also, the style copyright on the footer has been moved to the right.

All this resulted from me going into xenforo.css and changing the following code highlighted in bold:

.concealed,
.concealed a,
.cloaked,
.cloaked a
{
text-decoration: inherit !important;
color: inherit !important;
*clear:expression( style.color = parentNode.currentStyle.color, style.clear = "none", 0);
}

a.concealed:hover,
.concealed a:hover
{
text-decoration: underline !important;
}
I changed that to white. Undoing the change made no difference. I was trying to make the style copyright white, and tried changing that because I tried looking everywhere else I can think of to no avail.

Yeah, I agree with doing everything with extra.css, but this style copyright seems to be a thing apart; not editable along with the rest of the copyright. Got impatient waiting for the author of the style and tried to do it myself, sigh.

OK, the problem was fixed thanks to advice from Ehren of XenFocus. What I did was create a new style using the latest version of the style that had the problem. That way I could copy-paste from fresh templates and apply the code to the messed up templates. All I had to do was figure out which styles were affected. Fortunately, xenForo highlights in red templates that have been modified, and I used the Search Templates feature under the Appearance tab to have all the modified templates conveniently listed by themselves.

Once I knew which templates to look at, I had two tabs open so I could open the modified template and the fresh version. Then with the file compare plug-in for Notepad++ I easily determined what code was missing and relevant. Turns out the affected files were xenforo.css (for my "Sample Topics" header) and node_category_level1 (for the rest of the headers).

The results:

headersfixed.webp

Top Bottom