1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Having the "Upload" in the Title?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by tylerbr, Dec 5, 2014.

1. tylerbr

tylerbr Member

So after about 10 demos I tried over the last few months, I decided to finally purchase a licence. ;)

Before I go live, I decided to install everything on a test site just to make sure I felt comfortable in what I was doing.

The process was pretty painless, and uploaded fine. The only issue I have is that the word "upload" is in my title. I'm pretty sure I deleted that part when given the option to during the final steps of install, so not sure why it's still there.

This will only be a test site for me to try things out, so not too worried about it; but when I install for real, I would prefer to not have the upload in the title- so any advice or guidance to what I may have done wrong- so I don't do it again, would be very much appreciated.

An example of what I am talking about- http://mysite.com/upload/index.php

Thanks.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Move all the files from the upload directory to your root and update the board URL option.

3. tylerbr

tylerbr Member

Ah, that seems easy enough. Thank you very much.

4. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

In future, when upgrading or installing addons, upload only the stuff from inside the upload directory, not the directory itself. I see how it can be a bit misleading.

5. tylerbr

tylerbr Member

Thanks. I've been able to upload themes with no problem, but am having issues getting addons added so far. I have been using SMF for the last couple of years, and I am used to just downloading an addon and uploading it through the acp's package manager. Pretty easy, and I guess I got spoiled. ;)

So from what I am reading, basically download an addon, etxract it, and then only upload whatever is inside the addon's upload files using ftp? Is there a way to be able to upload the addon through cpanel and extract it there by chance?

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, you can upload the .zip using File Manager in cPanel, extract it on the server, then move the files accordingly.

7. tylerbr

tylerbr Member

Oh cool. Thanks Brogan.

8. duderuud

duderuud Active Member

Uploading the zip is the way to go. Way quicker and no possible ways to make upload errors (through ftp)

9. tylerbr

tylerbr Member

I just tried installing a couple of addons, and was able to get them to work. Thanks to everyone for the help.