1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having a brain freeze...posting a thread, background

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Elizabeth, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

I changed the background of a theme I am putting together on a new forum I am still working on and am adding so pertinent posts to the site so I can also check some things. ( I thought I had finished my color pallet).

Anyway, I go to create a new thread and hit paste so I can paste the TOU from one site to this new one and get the background I have for the site in the new thread. Now, normally that's not a bad problem but my background is not made to be read against. I wanted the text area to remain the default. I left the entire top section as the default.

Here is what I have, it's NOT what I want.
    That inside the text box is the background that is suppose to be around the entire outside of the forum container. NOT inside the text box. Where can I find it to fix it.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Try specifying your editor background here:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Message Layout -> Rich Text Editor Content
  3. Elizabeth

Thanks, Jake. I knew there was an easy answer but for some reason my brain wasn't finding it tonight.

4. Elizabeth

Okay, that didn't fix it.
  5. Ray

Ray Active Member

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That shouldn't even happen out of the box, so it does look like there are templates that are out of date (editor_contents.css, IIRC).
  7. Elizabeth

Mike, this was a new installation that I upgraded from just RC1 to RC2 and had not done any work on a template prior to upgrading to RC2. It wasn't my original license that has a bunch of styles. I would understand that one having issues. But this one was my new one at KCupHouse.

What I can do is reinstall the forum since it isn't live yet and see what happens. I haven't made that many changes to it. :)

8. Elizabeth

When aall was said and done, it was my own fault really...I had a hacker last week and rolled back everything on this part of my server. It rolled this back to RC1 and I forgot I had to upgrade AGAIN. I had upgraded before the hacker got in but rolling it back set me back.

I'm fine now.

Like I said, BRAIN freeze.