1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you moved from VigLink to Skimlinks?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CyclingTribe, May 14, 2012.

1. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

If so, did your revenue increase as a result?

Cheers,
    Shaun :D

2. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I've not used VigLink, but I'm getting pretty good results with Skimlinks since I installed it.

3. Alex

Alex Active Member

I've tried both and found Viglink to pay better for the same or less clicks

CyclingTribe likes this.
  4. Coop1979

Coop1979 Well-Known Member

Does Viglink allow you to exclude certain sites from being autolinked? I believe Skimlinks does.

5. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I don't think so - I don't remember seeing anything in the ACP that offers a place to enter excluded sites/domains etc.

6. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

How do you integrate VigLink into XF? Where do you place their code?

7. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

I added mine (when I had it enabled) in the footer template.

8. lakef

lakef Member

I am liking the affiliate-a-link features. it lets you affiliate a link to any of the participating selling companies. want to send people to the beef jerky section on amazon? get the bare link, run it through the affiliate-a-link thing, and there you go. result is an html link, not a javascript thing.

9. Brad L

Brad L Well-Known Member

As a member of many forums I despise seeing all the commercialized links. I guess I'm old school. As a forum owner I don't want to use such services but I may be forced to use them eventually.

10. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

What/Where is this?

11. lakef

lakef Member

viglink calls it "link wrapper"

skimlinks calls it "affiliated link generator" , found on its linkapi page.

12. TRACKMIXERS

TRACKMIXERS Member

13. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Having been with them for perhaps two years now, I'd say my VigLink experience was better than the time I had with Skimlinks. YMMV. I work closely with an account manager who helps get the most out of the service.

14. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Using inserted links is optional with both services; having said that, I was a non-believer until I added the link insertion for guest visitors only. It actually added between 20-30% to net revenues.

Otherwise, if members post frequent product links in a forum, you're leaving money on the table by not going with VigLink or Skimlinks to monetize those. And having used other affiliate programs in the past, VigLink has far surpassed all of them combined. (Or to put it another way, if 100 members promise to use your Amazon link, you'd be lucky to see a dozen that actually follow through on it.)