Have you installed XF?

Have you installed XF yet (test or live board)?

• Yes, I have installed XF on a server.

Votes: 61 78.2%
  • No, but I have a license for XF.

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • No, nor do I have a license for XF.

Votes: 10 12.8%

• Total voters

Apokalupsis

Have you installed XF onto a server to be used as a test forum or live forum?

Not just bought a license...not just downloaded it. But rather, installed it on a server to be used asaa test forum or a live board?

The reason I ask is that it was said elsewhere that there are probably only a few dozen installations of this product. Given the size and momentum of this community right now, I seriously doubt that the number of installations is so low.

I realize that such a poll can not prove conclusively the actual number of installations. It is a poll spawned from the curiosity about how active our XF community here really is with licensed members and their test/live boards.

Note: This thread is not about which software is better, nor the merits of installing a beta at this time, nor the intention of doing so at another time. It's about the here and now. It's about simply informally measuring the installations of the product, nothing more.

Have one install on my test server, and one install (not live) on our production server to allow staff to get used to the functions and how it works.

Installed on test forum. One small installation issue that was solved quickly and everything running smooth now AFAICS.

Got mine installed on a web server, but the board is currently only for me to play around with and get used to and practice importing current sites to see how they go

I wouldn't personally count test forums as active installs. I have a test forum myself.
I'm not concerned with test vs live installs (although I suppose I could have split the poll question #1). The ratio of test:live will change over time as XF develops and eventually goes gold. Of course, the # of installs will do this as well.

I'm merely curious how many license holders there are who have played enough with XF to have installed it.

Got it live, as I can always upload my database backups.... I have not even test to see if the backup(s) are any good... Meh!, now have to see if that works.

I'm not concerned with test vs live installs (although I suppose I could have split the poll question #1). The ratio of test:live will change over time as XF develops and eventually goes gold. Of course, the # of installs will do this as well.

I'm merely curious how many license holders there are who have played enough with XF to have installed it.

Looks like u missed this threa d : http://xenforo.com/community/threads/show-us-your-xf.4961/

Well i just got my license hour back after going through that thread for last couples of days couldnt wait till Gold Release lol will start playing around it soon.

I believe there are many installs at this time. Keeping in mind not everyone has problems or needs assistance, you could take a peek around and try to count the number of different people asking questions.

Looks like u missed this threa d : http://xenforo.com/community/threads/show-us-your-xf.4961/

Well i just got my license hour back after going through that thread for last couples of days couldnt wait till Gold Release lol will start playing around it soon.
No. People choosing to show off their board or not will not tell us the # of installs. Many of those links are not XF boards...but rather vb communities of people saying that they will convert said community into XF when the time comes.

I have a local install running, where I am getting practice at the permission system and style variables, etc. I also have an install running on my server where I have imported my database as a test only. This board is closed to prevent search engines from indexing and nailing me for duplicate content :oops:
I want to run a couple of upgrades first as well IE: beta 1 to 2 to 3, etc as well before I make the final jump as well as hammer out a skin. I want the transition to be as smooth as possible. I am not a big fan of running into snags. Ask some questions now, no snags later. I think a good number of people are planning on switching over to xF but are "treading" lightly for now.

Top Bottom