HashTagging

HashTagging [Paid] 2.2.2

No permission to buy ($25.00)
I'm going to, now that everything is working better, I'm going to start adding in more content. I want to include Profile Posts, Profile Comments, content from blog addons, resource manager (I just have to get someone to give me the data structure), and any other popular (paid) addons that anyone would like to give me the db structure for.

jk means joke btw. I really want to buy this, but I'm saving up for something else.
I know. Just wanted to elaborate on the idea. Unfortunately as I start to think about it more, it might be kind of complicated for forum administrators to add content types so I may just do a few by default and then set up a hook type thing for other addon developers.

I'm not sure what to say about the other part of your post. I take it as a complement that you want to buy it. And an insult that you'd rather have something else. Jk

Just checking something...

If there is only 1 instance of a hashtag and I click on that hashtag in a thread... should that then appear in the popup?

On mine I get a blank popup.

If you have two instances of the tag it it works though?
Just done some quick testing and yes, it seems to.

Could it perhaps be when I click on my own hashtag it's not working?

Eg. I've clicked on another users hashtag (of which there is only 1 instance) and that popup showed the hashtag being used in the post I clicked on.

If I click on my own hashtag though (of which there is only 1 instance) it shows a blank popup.

That seems to be what's happening at the moment.

It's not really a big deal but just seemed odd seeing a blank popup.

Yeah that is odd. Is your hashtag in a private forum? If you make the exact same hash tag in another board and click it does it show both correctly?

Also please remember that we cache the results now so it goes faster. If you just made a post it won't show until the cron runs again.

Yeah that is odd. Is your hashtag in a private forum? If you make the exact same hash tag in another board and click it does it show both correctly?

Also please remember that we cache the results now so it goes faster. If you just made a post it won't show until the cron runs again.
Ah, it's because it's in a private forum. You could argue that because I can post in there though, I should see the post in the popup. It's not a massive deal though. Works as expected in normal forums.

Something else... when you view a post in the popup, it puts everything from the post into the box. So if someone has quoted another user, it's displays the quoted users name and their original post as part of the person who's used the hashtag's post. Do you follow? Would it be possible to style quotes so they at least look separate from the person who has used the hashtags post? Or maybe even remove the quote?

Ah, it's because it's in a private forum. You could argue that because I can post in there though, I should see the post in the popup. It's not a massive deal though. Works as expected in normal forums.

Something else... when you view a post in the popup, it puts everything from the post into the box. So if someone has quoted another user, it's displays the quoted users name and their original post as part of the person who's used the hashtag's post. Do you follow? Would it be possible to style quotes so they at least look separate from the person who has used the hashtags post? Or maybe even remove the quote?

I forgot about quotes losing the styling. My bad. Posts are supposed to look exactly the same as when viewing the thread. It's supposed to do a check to see if you can view the post, I think because it's cached it's not working the way it should.

I fixed not being able to see private posts. Just trying to figure out how to fix including quotes and what not. Will release an update today, more content being included will probably come next weekend.

Thanks for the updates for 1.1.x.

When I went to download the file, only one xml file was in the folder instead of two. I'm wondering if I got the correct link in the email.

Thanks for the updates for 1.1.x.

When I went to download the file, only one xml file was in the folder instead of two. I'm wondering if I got the correct link in the email.

Interesting, I'm about to reupload right now to fix a couple of things. It'll definitely be in this email.

Top Bottom