Hash Tags for Xenforo

surfsup

A member dropped this idea: This is just an idea I figured I'd share with you. Ever use twitter? If so, why don't you incorporate their hash tag element into the forum. Then have a section where members could see trending topics.

Here is an example post:

I'm really excited about my new #175 that I ordered. I here you can do several things with it. My clients will be very impressed with my #175.

*In the example above the hash tag is used for #175. If this becomes a popular subject for the day across multiple threads this would be *trending. And there would be a link that members can go to that allows you to view trending topics. Get it?''

Lemme know!

What's the difference between forum tags and hash tags? I don't see the need the need of hash tags outside of Twitter...

I think what surfsup is talking about would be that if you used something with a hash - #175 as example - it would auto fill as a type of tag in XF instead of having to type in the tag by hand. Like say you wanted to write a post and then approve it to Twitter:

I really love this game! #borderlands2

In this case, it would go to Twitter AND create a tag in XF. Otherwise you'd put it to Twitter and then have to again create a tag called #borderlands2.

Top Bottom