Has anyone tried ForumRunner?

Yeah I heard about it via an email from vBulletin. Good move by them but not for XenForo and ipb board owners. I doubt they will want to continue supporting other forum platforms.
They also seem to send out more and more emails nowadays. I'm tempted to mark it as spam. :/

Still not sure how useful mobile app would be for me, so far a mobile them posted on XenForo has worked fine for me.

The home page of ForumRunner stats that the full version of costs only $1.99. When you consider a publishing suite for VB retails for $285 and the addition of mobile and Facebook apps will more than double that figure, I don't believe IB were buying this for extra income. By making it exclusive to VB, they would only need 1 out of every 293 people who were originally going to buy forum runner to buy vbulletin and break even. Also, I suspect one reason they bought it was so that other forums couldn't use it. A smart business move.

I haven't used ForumRunner but 2 bucks seem very undervalued for an app such as that. Most forum owners would happily pay at least $50 to make their forum mobile friendly.

It's $2 for each user on the forum. The software is free for the board. For instance, if 100 members on your forum buy Forumrunner, you pay nothing, IB gets $200.

I never really understood the difference between this and tapatalk. Which is better? Do people use just one or the other, or can you use both?
Which is better? Coke or Pepsi?
I have both installed and let my members decide.
Personally I like forumrunner over tapatalk.
I don't think one is better than the other.
It's a personal preference.

I went with Tapatalk several years ago because... I got tired of waiting for a ForumRunner Black Berry Version....
With Crack Berries slowly dying, it might not be much of a concern anymore.

Top Bottom