Has anyone seen the new Google+ redesign?

I dont like it. I have a 1920x1080 resolution monitor and this new layout puts everyone on the left side of my screen, instead of in the center. There is just a giant white space on the right and it feels unbalanced.

I dont like it. I have a 1920x1080 resolution monitor and this new layout puts everyone on the left side of my screen, instead of in the center. There is just a giant white space on the right and it feels unbalanced.
I just saw it the other day. I definitely see a lot of people complaining about the white space...and I'd have to agree. Terrible use of screen realty there...

The huge empty space just next to the stream area that is (sometimes) used for suggestions and contact details is a big waste. The major issue with it is that the stream (= content = most important area) seems to be at fixed width while the empty space adopts itself to the browser's window width. That's a pretty serious design mistake, imho. It should be the other way around.

I deleted my G+ account some days ago when I was so getting annoyed seeing the red notification thing in my gmail. I can avoid facebook and login to fb when I want but I have to use my email 24x7 and I can't be bothered with silly "shares" or who adds me to their circles while I am working... Got annoyed enough one day to find out how to and go ahead and delete the G+ account.

I like the layout, design and everything but agree the whitespace on the right is too much esp if your using a high resolution which I am. Shame, because it looks silly which would otherwise be a fresh clean layout.

Just looking then at the width of that space on the right-side. It looks just perfect in my monitor for a tall tower banner advert to be place there nicely, wonder if that's been done intentionally ready for that purpose. Plus the page doesn't scroll downwards, text scrolls upwards so the page remains static, an advert would always be in full view.

Google has a social network? :D
Ya... exactly... again, try try again Google. Nobody cares... it will turn into the same as Orkut, a spam haven for Indian businesses, that even they gave up spamming one another... oh wait, then they have that other thing, Google Wave which never got off the ground to begin with... now another shot at it.

Give it up Google and stick with what you do best... search!

Top Bottom