1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone seen the new Google+ redesign?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Carlos, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

2. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

I dont like it. I have a 1920x1080 resolution monitor and this new layout puts everyone on the left side of my screen, instead of in the center. There is just a giant white space on the right and it feels unbalanced.
  3. Ranger375

Ranger375 Well-Known Member

Google has a social network? :D
  4. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

provided you use your real-life legal, birth certificate name and google believes its whitebread enough, and you dont mind risking your gmail and other google services being banned for violating a nebulous tos.
  5. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

There is nothing nebulous about it.
  6. dieketzer

7. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

I just saw it the other day. I definitely see a lot of people complaining about the white space...and I'd have to agree. Terrible use of screen realty there...
  8. SilverCircle

SilverCircle Well-Known Member

The huge empty space just next to the stream area that is (sometimes) used for suggestions and contact details is a big waste. The major issue with it is that the stream (= content = most important area) seems to be at fixed width while the empty space adopts itself to the browser's window width. That's a pretty serious design mistake, imho. It should be the other way around.
  9. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Have Google + account and never used it hardly. Looks very like Twitter clone layout now.
  10. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

still not impressed ;)
  11. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

I deleted my G+ account some days ago when I was so getting annoyed seeing the red notification thing in my gmail. I can avoid facebook and login to fb when I want but I have to use my email 24x7 and I can't be bothered with silly "shares" or who adds me to their circles while I am working... Got annoyed enough one day to find out how to and go ahead and delete the G+ account.
    jmurrayhead likes this.
  12. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

13. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

No Just Google+.
    I got banned as well.
    Well they made me change my name from a URL to a name.

I'm now named: John Doe
    mrGTB likes this.
  14. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

You should have picked "Lord Lucan", he's not been seen since 1974. You'd have followers fast! :rolleyes:
    Digital Doctor likes this.
  15. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

16. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I like the layout, design and everything but agree the whitespace on the right is too much esp if your using a high resolution which I am. Shame, because it looks silly which would otherwise be a fresh clean layout.
  17. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Just looking then at the width of that space on the right-side. It looks just perfect in my monitor for a tall tower banner advert to be place there nicely, wonder if that's been done intentionally ready for that purpose. Plus the page doesn't scroll downwards, text scrolls upwards so the page remains static, an advert would always be in full view.
  18. dieketzer

yes, banned from gmail, google docs, etc.
  19. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

including things like AdWords, AdSense, Analytics - that could be a recipe for disaster.... Guess I'll be staying away from G+ then.
  20. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Ya... exactly... again, try try again Google. Nobody cares... it will turn into the same as Orkut, a spam haven for Indian businesses, that even they gave up spamming one another... oh wait, then they have that other thing, Google Wave which never got off the ground to begin with... now another shot at it.

Give it up Google and stick with what you do best... search!