Has anyone converted from IPB?

I ran into this problem as well. The IPB database had IP.Links the community app installed in it at some point and time. I have to do some manual queries to get it fixed but I was able to get through this without a problem.

When I get home I will go through my notes and tell you what I did to fix this unless someone beats me to it.. You are correct Shaun, if I remember I had to add the fields to the database.

Jamie

I suggest you get this part resolved from VB folks, I am sure they will be glad to help you out ;)
I can warn about the 3.1.4 to VB conversion. It's not working, and unfortunately, I don't know enough about SQL to figure out what to do.

Everything seems to work fine, UNTIL you try to bring users in, then I got this:

Hey Guy, I have been looking for my notes that I took when I converted, but I have been packing things up because I am moving from NH to NC in a few weeks.. and I can't find the notebook for the site.

I remember it was in the Profile Portal table that was giving me trouble. I had to add a few fields to the table, the ones it was missing to get the importer to run correctly.

The fields I added weren't there to begin with, so there was no date, so I added a empty field for each of them that was missing the Impex ran without a problem and converted everything as expected.

The only thought I came away with was it had to be one of the community apps from IPB I had installed since it was looking for links, and one of the apps I installed was IP.Links.

Here is the table structure for the Profile Portal table on my old vB database I converted to xF. On your test site load this up and compare it to your test site.

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `profile_portal` (
`pp_member_id` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',
`pp_profile_update` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`pp_bio_content` text,
`pp_last_visitors` text,
`pp_comment_count` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`pp_rating_hits` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`pp_rating_value` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`pp_rating_real` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`pp_friend_count` int(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`pp_main_photo` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
`pp_main_width` int(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`pp_main_height` int(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`pp_thumb_photo` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
`pp_thumb_width` int(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`pp_thumb_height` int(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`pp_gender` varchar(10) NOT NULL default '',
`pp_setting_notify_comments` varchar(10) NOT NULL default 'email',
`pp_setting_notify_friend` varchar(10) NOT NULL default 'email',
`pp_setting_moderate_comments` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
`pp_setting_moderate_friends` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
`pp_setting_count_friends` int(2) NOT NULL default '0',
`pp_setting_count_comments` int(2) NOT NULL default '0',
`pp_setting_count_visitors` int(2) NOT NULL default '0',
`pp_profile_views` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',
`pp_about_me` mediumtext,
`pp_reputation_points` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',
`notes` text,
`links` text,
`bio` text,
`ta_size` varchar(3) default NULL,
`signature` text,
`avatar_location` varchar(255) default NULL,
`avatar_size` varchar(9) NOT NULL default '0',
`avatar_type` varchar(15) default NULL,
`pconversation_filters` text,
`fb_photo` text,
`fb_photo_thumb` text,
`fb_bwoptions` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`pp_status` text,
`pp_status_update` varchar(13) NOT NULL default '0',
`tc_last_sid_import` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`tc_photo` text,
`tc_bwoptions` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`pp_customization` mediumtext,
PRIMARY KEY (`pp_member_id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

Sorry I can't be more help. When I was at work looking at this thread, I thought it would be easy to find my notebook.. not so when you're in the middle of packing..

Jamie

I would open up a new subforum. Probably under your CycleChat Cafe. I would link that to a XF installation that has your member base in it. I would let all the general chat discussion take place in XF for 6 months and see how all your members react.

I can warn about the 3.1.4 to VB conversion. It's not working, and unfortunately, I don't know enough about SQL to figure out what to do.

Code:
ImpEx Database error

mysql error: Invalid SQL:
SELECT
m.*,
pp.notes, pp.links, pp.bio, pp.ta_size, pp.signature, pp.avatar_location, pp.avatar_size, pp.avatar_type
,pf.field_1 AS aim_name,pf.field_2 AS msnname,pf.field_3 AS website,pf.field_4 AS icq_number,pf.field_6 AS location,pf.field_7 AS interests,pf.field_8 AS yahoo,pf.field_12 AS location,pf.field_13 AS interests
FROM members AS m
LEFT JOIN profile_portal AS pp ON (m.member_id = pp.pp_member_id)
LEFT JOIN pfields_content AS pf ON (m.member_id = pf.member_id)
ORDER BY m.member_id
LIMIT 0, 2000

mysql error: Unknown column 'pp.links' in 'field list'

mysql error number: 1054

Date: Monday 06th 2010f December 2010 10:53:19 AM
Database: ipb
MySQL error: Unknown column 'pp.links' in 'field list'

Everything seems to work fine, UNTIL you try to bring users in, then I got this:
I have the same error anyone find out what to do?

You need to create these fields under the table profile_portal if they don't exist. The one you will run into first is the links field.

`pp_bio_content` text,
`pp_last_visitors` text,
`notes` text,
`links` text,
`bio` text,
`signature` text,
`fb_photo` text,
`fb_photo_thumb` text,
`pp_status` text,
`tc_photo` text,

In a post above, you should compare your profile_portal table with that and create any missing fields. Then the process will run. I had to go through this when I went from IPB > vB > xF

Jamie

Pope Viper got it to work by adding these fields just recently, so if you run into a bind maybe he can help since it's fresh in his memory..

Jamie

I ran into this problem as well. The IPB database had IP.Links the community app installed in it at some point and time. I have to do some manual queries to get it fixed but I was able to get through this without a problem.

When I get home I will go through my notes and tell you what I did to fix this unless someone beats me to it.. You are correct Shaun, if I remember I had to add the fields to the database.

Jamie
can you help me with the queries?

Please use this on a test site.. I know JUST enough to be dangerous.. :)

You'll need to change the red sections:

ALTER Table profile_portal ADD links TEXT AFTER ______;

This is the basic way to alter a table and add a field.. You will need to change links to whatever field you're missing, it will probably be several of them if it's like mine was... then you'll need to change the _____ to whatever the name of the field just above where you're adding it too. I kept mine in the same order, but I don't really know if it mattered..

Jamie

I did all you said and I think Im close heres what I got

Code:
ImpEx Database error

mysql error: Invalid SQL:
                SELECT
                    m.*,
                    pp.notes, pp.links, pp.bio, pp.ta_size, pp.signature, pp.avatar_location, pp.avatar_size, pp.avatar_type
                    ,pf.field_1 AS aim_name,pf.field_2 AS msnname,pf.field_3 AS website,pf.field_4 AS icq_number,pf.field_7 AS interests,pf.field_8 AS yahoo,pf.field_32 AS location
                FROM members AS m
                LEFT JOIN profile_portal AS pp ON (m.member_id = pp.pp_member_id)
                LEFT JOIN pfields_content AS pf ON (m.member_id = pf.member_id)
                ORDER BY m.member_id
                LIMIT 0, 2000

mysql error: Unknown column 'pp.ta_size' in 'field list'

mysql error number: 1054

Date: Wednesday 15th 2010f December 2010 07:47:02 PM
Database: IPB
MySQL error: Unknown column 'pp.ta_size' in 'field list'

You're welcome! Glad you got it sorted out and now what are you going to do with your time? I mean there is only 24 hours in a day and you'll be addicted to xF very soon! :D

Jamie

I'm running one IPB site, in an interest that I've represented before. The struggle to find the right mix of design/function/community is similar to other new community experiences. When I ran my previous community, one of the main struggles was the organization and integration of posts versus articles. I've configured IP.Content to make it simple for users and moderators to build a library of articles by just clicking buttons; regardless of where the content was originally posted within the site. That was something I could never easily accomplish with vbulletin.

Someday soon, I'd imagine that XenForo will have a way to solve that ...

I've configured IP.Content to make it simple for users and moderators to build a library of articles by just clicking buttons; regardless of where the content was originally posted within the site. That was something I could never easily accomplish with vbulletin.

Just out of interest, what's your site URL?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Top Bottom