Has anybody considered the .communty extension in a domain name?

Thanks. You made me jump to GoDaddy and start using WhoIs. Good one.

Never make public any domain you are thinking about. Even doing searches on domain selling platforms could alert unscrupulous domain sellers so they take a punt and buy it cheap before you get the chance, knowing you really want it, and then extort big money from you.

I would prefer .net or .org to .community however .community is still quite good if you prefer that.

I would prefer without the www these days, it just adds guff to the domain IMO

Last edited:
Wait until you see yearly renewal fees.

I've registered one of those new TLDs domain that seemed reasonably priced, was considering using it, but didn't use it. Then when it was time to renew I saw price... and let it expire.

Unless domain sounds really cool to justify extortionate renew fees, get a .com
Here's hoping the .com name becomes available and host gator picks it up for me. Maybe i should call them and check on what they will actually do for me on the expiration date. I think I will do that today. Thanks.

On a side note, the text and especially heart icon in your logo looks a bit blocky ie unfeathered pixels, unless you meant that as an effect.

On a side note, the text and especially heart icon in your logo looks a bit blocky ie unfeathered pixels, unless you meant that as an effect.
You are correct on the logo. I'm afraid Paint doesn't have a feathered pixel option. Suggestions?

The tech with HostGator is giving me a refund for the .com purchase I made ($12) as the name is owned by someone else. I guess they have a bug in their purchasing software. He said it's up to me to contact the prior owner through the whois information and then if the prior owner agrees I can transfer the name from my end. He said they do not have a service for trying to obtain an owned name on my behalf. It appears GoDaddy has such a broker service, the terms of which are "Just $69.99 per domain, plus 20% commission". I'm not against trying to purchase this myself. I've actually tried to contact the prior owner via email, but there was no response. I have a phone number and US mail address I could try next.

Suggestions?

Last edited:
Would you trust a broker service to get you (the buyer) the best deal, as they are taking a commission on the sale price (which I don't think will be cheap anyway)

There is already a .org, could it be they are sitting on the .com? That's why I'd go for .net - but as I said, it's now public that someone is looking for that domain name, I'd move qickly.

I would not trust a broker to get me the best price. I just checked on actual whois returns and I found the .com, .net and .org are all owned by different people in different parts of the country.

Last edited:
I will contact the .com owner myself and see what happens.

.net is owned, but parked at GoDaddy who suggests the commission option.

.org is owned and currently being used with the same theme and actual products for sale.

.info is available.

The .community option is looking better all the time, particularly because it's a forum.

The .community option is looking better all the time, particularly because it's a forum.

I agree with that, it does seem more "communitylike"

On the downside, if you are worried about people misspelling mindfullkindness, they could also misspell comunity.

Wait until you see yearly renewal fees.

I've registered one of those new TLDs domain that seemed reasonably priced, was considering using it, but didn't use it. Then when it was time to renew I saw price... and let it expire.

Unless domain sounds really cool to justify extortionate renew fees, get a .com
I have more of an issue with the fact that a lot of domains on the new TLD are held ransom at extortionate prices.

Top Bottom