Lack of interest Hardcoded or DB-based text

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Alluidh

Hi

For a complete translation please fix the following hardcoded or DB-based parts ;)

Home > Options > Board Activity
hardcode01.webp
(Messagetext)

Home > Options > Performance
hardcode02.webp
(Local, Google ....)

Home > Options > Spam Management
hardcode03.webp
(Messagetext)

Home > Add-ons > Install New Add-on

hardcode04.webp
(Date / Time)

Users > Trophy User Titles > Trophy User Titles
hardcode05.webp
(User Titles)

Tools > CAPTCHA > Question and Answer CAPTCHAs

hardcode06.webp
(Answer...)

Thank you very much

Mike

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hi

For a complete translation please fix the following hardcoded or DB-based parts ;)

Home > Options > Board Activity
View attachment 9396
(Messagetext)

Home > Options > Performance
View attachment 9397
(Local, Google ....)

Home > Options > Spam Management
View attachment 9398
(Messagetext)

Home > Add-ons > Install New Add-on

View attachment 9399
(Date / Time)

Users > Trophy User Titles > Trophy User Titles
View attachment 9400
(User Titles)

Tools > CAPTCHA > Question and Answer CAPTCHAs

View attachment 9401
(Answer...)

Thank you very much

Mike

1) This is a message that must be written by the board owner. The board owner has to place a message to his needs in the language he prefers. There is no need for a translation there.
2) These are the same in every language. You can compare it with "localhost", it is untranslateable. No need for translation.
3) This is the same issue as my first point.
4) That is some developers text that is removed in the next release: Kier fixed it.
5) The user titles are also the same as my first point. No need for translation, has to be set by the Board Owner.
6) This is an already reported bug: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/answer-hardcoded-too.10501/

All the points you give here are superfluous, already reported or already fixed :D

5) The user titles are also the same as my first point. No need for translation, has to be set by the Board Owner.

All the points you give here are superfluous, already reported or already fixed :D

No, that's not right.

I have several multilang boards, which needs to be 100% customizable.
Some users can only read cyrillic letters, and why shouldn't they be able to read the titles (For example: They can't see if the user is a "normal user", ad admin or a mod?
There are 100 other places in the code which don't take care of this....
That's why i fear that i'll never be able to use xf without investing too much time extending the code:(

No, that's not right.

I have several multilang boards, which needs to be 100% customizable.
Some users can only read cyrillic letters, and why shouldn't they be able to read the titles (For example: They can't see if the user is a "normal user", ad admin or a mod?
There are 100 other places in the code which don't take care of this....
That's why i fear that i'll never be able to use xf without investing too much time extending the code:(

Well, that's why simple images are good :)
But well, one of the rules at my forum is "Speak English". So I don't really care much about it :S

Yet, I'm sure it can be translated if you want :)

All parts of text shold be translatable. And all means all :D
Well, a "board message", set by the admin. That doesn't? That should mean that for every time you put your board offline you have to translate it in all languages? :)

What do you mean with images?
How should a image with "Администратор" help here?;)

Also it's ********, to write all languages (like mike suggested) because it's too long

Administrator / Администратор

What do you mean with images?
How should a image with "Администратор" help here?;)

Also it's bull****, to write all languages (like mike suggested) because it's too long

Administrator / Администратор

Well, no :P
Images with like stars or something ^^

Yeah, that is indeed ********

We have 3 official languages. German, French and Italian
User from french or italian regions does NEVER register in a english or german forum. That is the reality.

Therefore, ALL variable text MUST in phrases. Otherwise xF has no value to us.

And one of the rules at the world is that there are more languages and not all people are able to read or write english ...
Maybe it is new for you, but this is the truth ;)

Oh, now I have a whole new view on the world :D Thanks :D

We have 3 official languages. German, French and Italian
User from french or italian regions does NEVER register in a english or german forum. That is the reality.

Therefore, ALL variable text MUST in phrases. Otherwise xF has no value to us.

Well, yeah, okay, that's true.

I'll just say that I wrote that post from my view, for my forum.
Of course it can be different for you :)

I've moved the thread to suggestions as apart from the 2 bugs which have already been reported, the rest of the behaviour is as designed.

What you're actually asking for is multi-lingual phrases for certain things such as the board unavailable message, etc.

Completely agreed on all but 'Home > Options > Performance' (unnecessary) and 'Home > Add-ons > Install New Add-on' (bug)

I am running a board in 2 languages (english and german language in one Forum) and it would be great to display "Trophy User Titles" in both languages.
Having this just available in one language makes it look quite unprofessional for my business-related Forum.

Is there a way Mike+Kier could put this into the language-variables or any other way to have those titles shown in the languages which are installed?

Many thanks,

Erich

Top Bottom