1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Hardcoded text in acp

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Alluidh, May 21, 2013.

1. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

Hi

only a very minor bug. In Option Groups: Performance you found this for jQuery Source

Bildschirmfoto 2013-05-21 um 11.15.04.png
    All possible choises were hardcoded and it would be great to get "Local" as a phrase. The other ones are nice to have as phrases ;)

Kind regards

Hoffi, SonicRC, Andrej and 3 others like this.
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I believe that this was reported elsewhere, but considering they are all proper names, I believe it was marked "As Designed"

3. Alluidh

Yes, I reported as a log time ago and it was marked as "As Designed"
    But most of the new German costumers ask me the same question after installing the language pack ... So please Mike ... ;)

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If it was marked as "As Designed" before, this would be a suggestion.

5. Alluidh

No, it is a Bug. Normaly, for an international product, everything should be in phrases ;)

6. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Posting again does not make it a bug. If the original report was marked "As designed" you need to post it as a suggestion.

7. DSF

DSF Well-Known Member

No, as Alluidh sad: It's a bug.

@Alluidh
    Die schnalln's nicht!

8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If Mike marked it As Designed then I think we can defer to his judgement, what with him being the owner/developer.

Proper nouns such as Google, Microsoft, etc. should not be translated.

Biker likes this.
  9. Alluidh

Thats right. Only Local ;)

For me this isn't a problem. I'm working with computers and I know localhost :)

Maybe, if Mike dislike the phase there,he should change "Local" to "localhost" and it is international OK :D

10. rellek

rellek Well-Known Member

I would like to have the ability to have this translated. Not because I would not understand it if it's English, but because this would enable a translation to be more complete.

11. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

You could change this by enable debug mode and change this option. This would not be changed/changeable to phrase.

12. Alluidh

So you think every not native English speaker should enable debug mode for changing this? ;)

13. xf_phantom

xf_phantom Well-Known Member

I thought this too, but it is changeable to a phrase;)
    The format parameters can include phrases too

14. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

I do not think so but I think it is not a difficult for administrator to understand these kind of words in AdminCP.
    Really? I have not try it yet.

15. Alluidh

I thought the same, but at the moment some / a lot of previous vB user change to XenForo and I got the information about a typo in the language pack again (and again) :D

Yes, it is true. There is no problem to switch this into phrases ;)

16. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

I think even non-english speakers could understand "local" in german. The other three are technically correct in german, but you can also write them with dashes.

Google-Ajax-API-CDN
    Microsoft-CDN
    jQuery-CDN

The german language is a dash whore, so to speak ;)

17. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

Let's not mention the Chinese and the Arab, which has an entirely different character system...

rellek likes this.
  18. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

"Local" has been phrased for 1.2.

Eagle, Hoffi, smimosmile and 11 others like this.