Style Halo Design

Carlos

I'm still on the market for a Call of Duty skin, but I have already talked to a designer about it.

I have agreed to buy a halo website with the current owner of EverythingHalo. EH used to be a very popular Halo forum for years. But due to spam, I locked the forums from registration.

I am going to buy it. And I am going to move it to xenForo.

I am looking for a skin that is similar in design to this:
ehalo.webp
Here is forum display:
ehalothreads.webp
Here is thread display:
ehalothread.webp

I'm hoping this project is at least $100 to make, this was a premade skin by extremepixels, a very popular [vB] skin site. Well, it used to. The site is offline.

I think it's due to vB4. :(

That theme has been around for like "EVER", I remember that same style used originally with phpBB2 many, many years ago.

You own the site now correct ? Right click and properties. Then read the code in VB it will mention the name in the images path.

You own the site now correct ? Right click and properties. Then read the code in VB it will mention the name in the images path.
I now know what it's called! Thanks!

The name of the skin is Disturbed. :D
There are a few things I don't like about that skin. One of them is that the header doesn't look 'flexible.' I may end up using it, and make some edits here and there.

I almost went with this one: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenfracture-by-xenstyles.300/

I love the overall design, it's only drawback is the green color choice the skin has. :cautious: That skin is 100% similar to the Disturbed skin in design. That, and John isn't doing any more design work. It doesn't help that Themesinc is now defunct. The site is up for sale.

EDIT: I realize the skin is in xenStyles' hands. I guess I'm used to thinking that xenFracture being owned by themesinc, because I know a few communities that use the skin.

Animate is another skin I considered. But I don't like that animated, scrolling header. I wish there was a version that allowed you to just slap on an [background] image and be done with it. The animated header looks like a lot of work because you have to sync one end of the image with the other end of the image, or it will look like someone did a rush job.

That's a skin by Bob (pank) from when he owned extremepixels.com - unfortunately after he sold it a few years ago the new owners drove it into the ground to the point it completely disappeared late last year.

I bought out Themesinc in January and am actively running xenStyles still. xenFracture is one of my most popular offerings still (created by Miko of vbstyles fame). Easy to see why...quality never goes out of style. ;) With our Xenomorph Framework™ making it look like you want is a breeze!

I now know what it's called! Thanks!

The name of the skin is Disturbed. :D

There are a few things I don't like about that skin. One of them is that the header doesn't look 'flexible.' I may end up using it, and make some edits here and there.

I almost went with this one: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenfracture-by-xenstyles.300/

I love the overall design, it's only drawback is the green color choice the skin has. :cautious: That skin is 100% similar to the Disturbed skin in design. That, and John isn't doing any more design work. It doesn't help that Themesinc is now defunct. The site is up for sale.

EDIT: I realize the skin is in xenStyles' hands. I guess I'm used to thinking that xenFracture being owned by themesinc, because I know a few communities that use the skin.

Animate is another skin I considered. But I don't like that animated, scrolling header. I wish there was a version that allowed you to just slap on an [background] image and be done with it. The animated header looks like a lot of work because you have to sync one end of the image with the other end of the image, or it will look like someone did a rush job.

You do know the green is easy to change with the framework right? :), go on, buy it.

Even colored sticky threads are changeable? Because that's the one thing that stood out from the Disturbed design.

I liked the design of the sticky threads in xenFracture.

I don't want the EH members leaving only realizing that a lot of it changed. xenFracture is the definition of "not a whole lot changed."

So curious why not build off of xenfracture if it has the structure there ? The color can always be changed .

So curious why not build off of xenfracture if it has the structure there ? The color can always be changed .
And that'll be what I'll be doing. :) The temporary Halo site is up [and running on xenForo], and all it boils down to is skinning. Which I am going to be buying soon, veeery soon. ;)

Just an update to those watching this thread or even remotely close - the site has been moved to xenforo, and redesigned.

I'm editing parts of the site at the moment, as tomorrow is a big day for Halo fans.

Top Bottom