1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Hacking Issues today

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Console Crunch, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, Right today lot of xenforo games sites has been hacked today, like 4 sites, not sure how they did, people saying about something called "0day" there is nothing bad we did against our security, and really not sure how they have hacked all this sites, one of them are my site

2. Pieman

Pieman Member

Are you running any addons?

3. Yes, Ill tell you my addons on a few on private, I have my site closed at this moment working on things.

4. They used a xenforo file

5. Pieman

Pieman Member

Don't tell me best to tell Xenforo developers and mod developers

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The hacking reports we have been made aware of have been due to compromised passwords, server configuration/software, or other installed applications, such as WordPress.
    If you are on shared hosting, it's also possible they managed to gain access via another account on the server.

Your host is the best person to contact.

Puntocom likes this.
  7. Pieman

Pieman Member

Probably best to take this conversation private to the xenforo staff so they can address any issues quickly

8. Placid

Placid Member

i can vouch this guy, this guy called shadow realm site <site using a nulled version of XenForo removed> has defaced alot of sites in the PS3 modding community

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2015
  9. Placid

Placid Member

he claims he uses a xenforo file [​IMG]

10. Brogan

Then we would need specifics in order to investigate.

11. JackIsi

JackIsi Member

^ he is also defacing a lot more, he did like 15 sites in 1 night .. claiming to use a clean xenforo file, what my friend also see in logs

12. Hoffi

Hoffi Well-Known Member

13. Placid

Placid Member

well i hope the developers take look into it asap before more sites are rekt.... what do u know. maybe this site might get defaced also ...

14. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

We don't currently have anything to look into, because the methods used aren't exactly clear. It'd be like looking for a needle in a haystack. If any one has any further information, please open a ticket.

Amaury, Liam W and Puntocom like this.
  15. Brogan

I am closing this to reduce the speculation and prevent any more links to sites running nulled versions of XF from being posted.

You can report it via the ticket system but we would need specifics to be able to investigate.

Amaury, Liam W and Puntocom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.