[OzzModz] XFRM Resources Layout

[OzzModz] XFRM Resources Layout [Paid] 2.2.1

No permission to buy ($25.00)
I think I added it (I'm out now and can't check the full properties. But even if it's not added, I'll add it in next update. Its useful)
Now that I checked the screenshot in resource page, there is a style property called "Show stars above title" that does what you want.

Dadparvar updated [HA] XFRM Resources Layouts (XF2) with a new update entry:

A Few Fixes!

This update fixes a few small bugs that customers reported. If you don't have any problem using the 1.4.1 version, you don't need to upgrade for now, as it's not adding new features. But if any of these 3 fixes is something you need, feel free to download the 1.4.2 version and upgrade.

Hope you enjoy using the add-on :)
  • fixed: not showing resources list in profile tab
  • fixed: not showing new layout if Marketplace add-on is installed.
  • fixed: not showing if the site is not...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Dadparvar Have everything installed but can't seem to figure out the custom resource icons. In your demo you show support for 16:9 ratio images. But when using the built in settings there's only an option for setting a custom 1:1 upload/display size.

How would I go about changing that?

@Dadparvar Have everything installed but can't seem to figure out the custom resource icons. In your demo you show support for 16:9 ratio images. But when using the built in settings there's only an option for setting a custom 1:1 upload/display size.

How would I go about changing that?
In my add-on's options, there is an option to let you save the icons in a bigger size. So, if you, for example, set it to 300, it will save the newly uploaded icons in 300x300. That way, when you set, for example, to have 3 or 4 resources per row (based on your style, not my add-on) then the add-on shows 4 resources per row, with big icons that are high quality just like how you see in the demo.

Anyway, if you couldn't set things, let me know here:
https://xen-pro.com/forums/ha-xfrm-resources-layout.30/

I'll help set things to get the result you want.

In my add-on's options, there is an option to let you save the icons in a bigger size. So, if you, for example, set it to 300, it will save the newly uploaded icons in 300x300. That way, when you set, for example, to have 3 or 4 resources per row (based on your style, not my add-on) then the add-on shows 4 resources per row, with big icons that are high quality just like how you see in the demo.

Anyway, if you couldn't set things, let me know here:
https://xen-pro.com/forums/ha-xfrm-resources-layout.30/

I'll help set things to get the result you want.

As stated previously I've already found this option. But would love to achieve more rectangular icons like our XF installation had back in 1.5 (we had a basic add-on that forced all icons to 432x243). So naturally in XF2 every icon with or without this add-on is entirely in the wrong aspect ratio.

What I was hoping to be able to do with the custom size option of your plugin would be to set a custom height and width of the uploaded images so I could maintain the more aesthetically pleasing 16:9 ratio of images (I'm aware that this would distort the small thumbnails on the "Top Resources" and "Resources by this Author" sidebar items but this would be a relatively non-issue overall).

As stated previously I've already found this option. But would love to achieve more rectangular icons like our XF installation had back in 1.5 (we had a basic add-on that forced all icons to 432x243). So naturally in XF2 every icon with or without this add-on is entirely in the wrong aspect ratio.
oh, so you want another option to let you control the height and width of saved icons separately. That I think is different from XFRM's default behavior. The current option is overriding the default behavior which is saving 1:1 in small size. One number for both.

What you ask is actually useful. So, I put it in the list of features that I'm interested to add. But to be honest these days I can't add new features for free.

If you have no rush, I may add it freely in future (not sure when exactly, as you see I'm quite silent for a while, not only here, but almost everywhere) but you want it quickly, feel free to open a new thread here: https://xen-pro.com/forums/custom-service-development-requests.4/

oh, so you want another option to let you control the height and width of saved icons separately. That I think is different from XFRM's default behavior. The current option is overriding the default behavior which is saving 1:1 in small size. One number for both.

What you ask is actually useful. So, I put it in the list of features that I'm interested to add. But to be honest these days I can't add new features for free.

If you have no rush, I may add it freely in future (not sure when exactly, as you see I'm quite silent for a while, not only here, but almost everywhere) but you want it quickly, feel free to open a new thread here: https://xen-pro.com/forums/custom-service-development-requests.4/

I've just spent some time researching the issue myself. Unfortunately the XF2 version XFRM piggybacks off the upload script of user avatars meaning you can't "fix" one without breaking the other, also the there's only one value that can be edited that is used for both height and width *(so only 1:1 ratios can be achieved)*.

Adding additional aspect ratios would require an entirely new upload script for icons that hooks into to XRFM without conflicting with the existing one, which unless added by the original creator of the add-on would be an unrealistic and hacky solution that would be potentially unreliable.

Seeing as XF's official stance is "We only support square icons as we did on XF1", I honestly doubt that this is ever likely to change.

Any news for this? Landscape (eg 150w X 120h) or Portrait (eg 120w X 150h) are fine for me. Only squares are looking ugly (in my case).

Thank you
Chris

Landscape images aren't possible as there's only one variable that can be influenced. Instead what needs to be implemented in my honest opinion is some additional CSS that adjusts the aspect ratio of legacy images that were landscape on XF 1.5.

Here's an example of the process here on w3schools. I've tried to implement this fix myself on the ACP via template edits but can't seem to get it to work without it reverting back to how it was before. If this was implemented in a future update, it would add backwards compatibility for higher resolution non-square images.

Any news for this? Landscape (eg 150w X 120h) or Portrait (eg 120w X 150h) are fine for me. Only squares are looking ugly (in my case).

Thank you
Chris
I'm currently working on the new update which includes the new design you asked (it's just a new layout, not the ability to let you crop the icon in 2 different sizes for dimensions)

Landscape images aren't possible as there's only one variable that can be influenced. Instead what needs to be implemented in my honest opinion is some additional CSS that adjusts the aspect ratio of legacy images that were landscape on XF 1.5.

Here's an example of the process here on w3schools. I've tried to implement this fix myself on the ACP via template edits but can't seem to get it to work without it reverting back to how it was before. If this was implemented in a future update, it would add backwards compatibility for higher resolution non-square images.
Well the good thing about css is that you can easily !important what ever you want to override. Can't that help you? if something that you have in mind is just a css solution, it really doesn't need an update of the add-on, simply use the TM system or EXTRA to override the dimensions.

If I misunderstood it, please let me know what exactly you want that you can't get it using your css and I'll try to find a solution for that.

Well the good thing about css is that you can easily !important what ever you want to override. Can't that help you? if something that you have in mind is just a css solution, it really doesn't need an update of the add-on, simply use the TM system or EXTRA to override the dimensions.

If I misunderstood it, please let me know what exactly you want that you can't get it using your css and I'll try to find a solution for that.

Took a fresh look at it and managed to figure it out.

CSS:
.avatar img:not(.cropImage) {object-fit: cover !important;}

Adding that line to extra.less corrects the aspect ratio of any legacy (non-square) icons on your add-on. In case anyone else had custom resolution resource icons back on XF1.5 and is looking for a fix.

As per the paid request of @ChrisTERiS , a new layout is coming. Will be released when he confirms everything after the tests.

2 screenshots may give you some idea of what the new (second) layout will be.

Suitable for movie or music or similar websites.

Attachments

• asdasdasdasd.webp
    asdasdasdasd.webp
    118.4 KB · Views: 16
  • AASSS.webp
    AASSS.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 14
Dadparvar updated [HA] XFRM Resources Layouts (XF2) with a new update entry:

New Layout + improvement!

Added:
  • A new layout: Movies Website Grid Layout (for a better result, you may need to add 2 custom fields - this is added as a paid request by a customer, but current customers can also have it freely, but customizations should be done by yourself)
  • 3 new options for the new layout
Improved:
  • JQuery updated to 3.3.1 to fix some potential conflicts with other resource customization add-ons

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom