[HA] Profile Music [Deleted]

Dadparvar

That would be better if the music isnt actually hosted on your server

Can you make same add on but with music hosted externally and make it paid

External linking

Youtube for example
Oww.
That is totally different from how this add-on works.
That would need writting totally new add-on.
I can't promise (specially because I never worked with apis of other site to connect them to my server for this reason) , but if one day I did it, I'll publish it.

That would be better if the music isnt actually hosted on your server

Can you make same add on but with music hosted externally and make it paid

Yes that will hit all onshore (USA) websites with dmca's if they found the actual .mp3 music files on your server.

Overall great idea, I installed it and played a sample track which worked perfectly but too scared to let our members play with it because of dmca copyright law.

Few ideas that the member above said, if you could make a music player that was from other sites such as youtube, spotify, soundcloud, etc or combine your addon with this if that person would allow it: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/s9e-media-bbcodes-pack.2476/

That has all of the external linking and embedding you need for it to work anyhow.

Another cool idea would to have a 3D music visualizer such as: http://www.plane9.com/ on your profile music page with the music being based from an external source which would be the media pack linked above.

Your addons as always are great and every single one that comes out is ones i always test ;)

1. The upload/delete process uses a file completely external of XenForo obscurely located inside of styles
  2. The delete file will allow you to delete any file that the webserver has permissions to delete (which would include your config.php file, xenforo's index.php, all of your attachments, etc.
  3. The permissions don't even actually matter, it'll still let you upload files without permission
not to mention all of the legal issues a site owner will run into if they not only let, but encourage their users upload copyrighted music to their site.

player doesn't load, only white page when i try to delete a song...

Code:
http://www.*****.net/styles/default/dadparvar/profilemusic/songs/delete.php?songname=01%20Fast%20As%20A%20Shark.mp3&userid=1

deinstalled.

The upload/delete process uses a file completely external of XenForo obscurely located inside of styles
That's right. If I get more free time, I'll work more on it to. Thanks for explaining.
The delete file will allow you to delete any file that the webserver has permissions to delete (which would include your config.php file, xenforo's index.php, all of your attachments, etc.
Wow! that's why I said I'm not professional xf developer in resource page. I should find a way to fix it.
The permissions don't even actually matter, it'll still let you upload files without permission
It has its own uploader, and so, not related to attachment permission. But I like to replace it with xenforo's upload process. I should work on it.
not to mention all of the legal issues a site owner will run into if they not only let, but encourage their users upload copyrighted music to their site.
That's right. Of course admins can write a notice to warn users from uploading copyrighted files. But we never can stop all people.
Do you have any idea to solve this problem in add-on?
player doesn't load, only white page when i try to delete a song...
Delete process is not yet completed. in next version will be fixed (if you want to delete any file, delete it from server. it will automatically deleted from list of songs in your profile page)
But, do you also mean player is not working?

I tested add-on even on 1.3 and 1.4 now. It fully worked.

(as you upload first song and refresh the page, player starts working. First time, because there is no song, buttons of player will not appear. But after first uploaded song, it starts working)

Hmmm.
So, I ask moderators ( @Brogan @Chris D ) to close this thread. Because I won't continue working on this add-on anymore. Of course I won't delete it and anyone will be able to download it and work on it for his/her own site.
I also set the Unmaintained prefix for resource.
I'll try to make new add-on for this in future as I get free time to do. If you had any suggestion for that new add-on, then you will be able to post it in related forum in xen-pro. I will also try (but not promise) to create a new bbcode with this classic cassette player so that you be able to use it in posts in order to play songs.

You can mark the resource as unmaintained and even request it to be deleted if you wish, but we typically don't close threads linked with resources, as members can use them for community based support, regardless whether the resource author intends to continue responding or not.

Everyone who installed this add-on: please uninstall it completely and delete all its files from your server. Its an important notice. So, please do it. For security reason.
Until I work more on it or release new add-on.
I also ask moderators to moderate this resourse (delete it, but not permanently, so that I be able to ask to undelete it in maybe near future). When I complete it, I will update it with a safe version. So that you use it.

Last edited:
This add-on has been deleted due to unresolved security issues (which aren't going to be resolved any time soon, it seems). We'd recommend you stop using this add-on immediately.

As a side note, @Dadparvar , you should be able to delete this yourself. If you want to formally request a deletion though, you should report it rather than just putting it in a passing mention in a post.

Hi Dadparvar
Is this security issue specific to this addon? can we assume that your other addons code is safe?

Hi Dadparvar
Is this security issue specific to this addon? can we assume that your other addons code is safe?
Yes just this add-on was in this way and I said it from the first day of release. Just because of custom delete and upload process.
Other add-ons on mine are fully based on xenforo and totally safe. (as safe as xenforo. Not more. Not less)

Thanks @Mike for deleting it. I'll develop another thing as users suggested when I get free time. So, I won't complete it. So, better to be deleted.

Top Bottom