[h] PiwikIntegration

[h] Piwik Integration 1.0

No permission to download
[h] PiwikIntegration 1.0

I searched for piwik and this resource didn't show up.
You need to change the title.
ie. add a space after piwik

[h] Piwik Integration 1.0

I wanted to test out Piwik for analyze my server access logs (because awstats seems to be a pain to set up with nginx).

However after the installation I got prompted to install a Javascript Tracking Tag, but I have no idea where this would have to go. There is a Piwik resource, but that installation keeps failing because the .xml isn't an installation file.

Can I just paste it in some index.html page or somewhere else?

Is anyone using this? How's it working out? I would like to be able to track what pages each user views and other user engagement stats.

You can just paste the piwik tracking code in one of the templates that start with ad_ (i put mine in the bottom footer one) and it works fine, though it only tracks people who have javascript enabled ofcourse.

I wish this was still maintained - I tried using it but it seems to be outdated and has some issues. Piwik has been good from my testing thus far and further integration with XF would be great.

It seems that this software has been hacked, and since the Resource provider hasn't updated the addon in nearly two years that it should be archived or removed completely.

It seems that this software has been hacked, and since the Resource provider hasn't updated the addon in nearly two years that it should be archived or removed completely.
piwik.org has been hacked and an exploit has been added to the download package of piwik. I assume that their server security will be restored, and the piwik download package to be replaced.
This does not mean that PIWIKI as a whole is unsafe. Older packages are still safe and once the problem is resolved PIWIK can still be used.
This integration addon itself does not have any vulnerabilities.

Thanks for the notification!

@Hoffi
How would we define RM downloads and are there any tricks to get tapatalk users to show up in piwik tracking?

Thank you!

Nice add-on. It would be great if User IDs would be tracked too. That's currently a „dealbreaker“ for me. Is there a chance that this is going to be implemented?

Btw, I found a small typo in the options:
Auto-Add Legal Notice
Should we embed the Legal Noptice and option to diaable tracking?

Then it was time, that you recognized it. Piwik is a really cool software. You can host it on your own, and did not give away all the data you collected. That spents more trust to your users. And it is fast! I host my Piwik on another default WebPackage for a few coins the month and it's stable.

I viewed it as my solution to Google Analytics but alas, it left much to be desired. For now, I'm not running anything. It might be a case of cutting my nose off to spite my face but I could no longer stomach giving my data to Google.

Last edited:
Just a question - does this work with 1.5.x?
I'm sort of new to Xenforo and i don't know my way around Xenforo like i do with other forum software (phpBB, vB) so I'm a little hesitant to just install this and hope for the best.

This add-on should still work. And if not, just remove it. You cannot „damage“ anything just by installing the add-on..

Top Bottom