guideline for email sending?

alextam

hi there

i am testing my forum, i found that Gmail just reject the email sent from my server. says does not have authentication information or fails to 550-5.7.26 pass authentication checks

i am sure i need so some configurations on my server, but i don't know how, is there any guidelines ?

Thanks

Yes. DMARC, SPF, DKIM, and Reverse Pointer (PTR) should all be set up on your server.

Even that won't guarantee your emails won't end up in spam or junk folders but not having them almost guarantees they will be blocked.

Yes. DMARC, SPF, DKIM, and Reverse Pointer (PTR) should all be set up on your server.

Even that won't guarantee your emails won't end up in spam or junk folders but not having them almost guarantees they will be blocked.

sounds a lot of work, and yeah, all i want is they don't reject my email so people can find it in the spam folder, maybe we can ask the user to add our email address to their address book?

Thank you

sounds a lot of work, and yeah, all i want is they don't reject my email so people can find it in the spam folder, maybe we can ask the user to add our email address to their address book?

Thank you
That sometimes helps and sometimes doesn't.

It's really not a lot of work. Get your host to do it or use cPanel.

ok, i have setup DMARC, SPF, DKIM all that things, however i can't setup rDNS because my domain host (Godaddy) do not allow me to do it, they even do not allow me to use a PTR record to configure rDNS

so, is rDNS really that important? if yes, which domain company allow me to do that?

Reverse DNS is a function of the web host, not the domain host as it's a DNS record assigned to the static IP. This option is rarely available apart from expensive hosting.

Why don't you use something like Amazon SES to send email? Personally I don't think it's a very good idea to send email directly from the host server as even with everything in place for authentication, you still get issues with some endpoint mail servers.

ok, i have setup DMARC, SPF, DKIM all that things, however i can't setup rDNS because my domain host (Godaddy) do not allow me to do it, they even do not allow me to use a PTR record to configure rDNS

so, is rDNS really that important? if yes, which domain company allow me to do that?

Reverse DNS is a function of the web host, not the domain host as it's a DNS record assigned to the static IP. This option is rarely available apart from expensive hosting.

Why don't you use something like Amazon SES to send email? Personally I don't think it's a very good idea to send email directly from the host server as even with everything in place for authentication, you still get issues with some endpoint mail servers.

Yes I think you need at least a VPS for that. It does help I find (dedicated host) but the other three are more critical.

Top Bottom