1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[GUIDE] Extend the Importers

Discussion in 'Development Tutorials [Archive]' started by xfrocks, Oct 9, 2010.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks Well-Known Member

As I read through this thread of Paul, I tried to extend the Importer without copying over the old importer code. It's pretty simple and straight forward. Below is the basic steps, I'm going to release a addon using this soon so you can see that later.

1. Add your listener to load_class_model and extend XenForo_Model_Import
    2. Override the method named getImporter and wait for somebody calls XenForo_Importer_vBulletin, use the idea of XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass and you can extend that class
    3. In your class (MyAddon_Importer_vBulletin), override the method getSteps, catch the parent generated array and add your owns
    4. Add extra methods to your MyAddon_Importer_vBulletin to handle those extra steps (stepX, stepY, etc)
    Hope this helps and gives somebody ideas :D Or you can wait my addon ;)
    Vladislav Rastrusny likes this.
  2. RvG

RvG Active Member

we better wait for you lol :)
  3. xfrocks

xfrocks Well-Known Member

4. ragtek

ragtek Guest

thx very much for this tutorial and the add-on with the example code:)

this was very useful:)