XF 2.2 Guest Permission questions

Dixie McCall

Hello
I had my community set for no guest viewing of forum content and today changed to yes for guest viewing but guest are still now able to view all content available to them. Checked permission several times.

Currently I have five forums in the community that are not open to guest viewing but the rest are and aren’t showing

Analyzed and all looks good. .

Not sure what Im doing wrong.

Attachments

• 51F496F7-7F02-4CAF-9729-7EA8E5214C48.webp
    51F496F7-7F02-4CAF-9729-7EA8E5214C48.webp
    20 KB · Views: 10
So to clarify,
  • the Unregistered user group has the View and View node permissions set to Yes and
  • there are no custom permissions set for the nodes - the nodes don't appear in red here -- admin.php?permissions/nodes/ and1611707814506.webp
  • the nodes are not set as private
    1611707666907.png

If that's the case then I can only assume a third party add-on is involved and is either actively preventing access (i.e it's still installed), or has left some code/permissions in place after being uninstalled.

Yes I have five of my forums set to no guest view but the rest are available to guest viewing per inherited guest permission but they aren’t showing

Last edited:
If you believe everything is set up correctly, then if you have active support for the license and the site is running XF2, submit a ticket and we can take a look.

Top Bottom