XF 1.5 Guest count always at 0 in online users list

mypbaph

i recently moved to another host and i noticed that guests are not being counted by the online users widget. it has remained at 0 despite around 200-300 users online based on Google Analytics.

any ideas? what should i tell my new host? thanks in advance to anybody who can help.

YUZWt.jpg

Ideally, they'd want to ensure that the "real" client IP is seen by PHP. It sounds like they're doing local request forwarding.

There is a direct workaround that can be taken in config.php, but it's generally better to resolve this at the web server level if possible.

Ideally, they'd want to ensure that the "real" client IP is seen by PHP. It sounds like they're doing local request forwarding.

There is a direct workaround that can be taken in config.php, but it's generally better to resolve this at the web server level if possible.

hi Mike, sorry for the noob question but what exactly should i tell them (my host) to do/adjust?

They would need to look into why the "real" client IP isn't being exposed directly to PHP and figure out the steps they should take to resolve that.

Top Bottom