Groups/Club System, Any Interest?

John L.

For one of my sites it is going to be key for me to have a groups system where people can create groups or clubs that they can invite select forum members to or make open to other individuals. Would anyone be interested in an addon like this? I'm not sure if we are going to develop this or if I'm going to request a developer make this for me (our time is limited with Simple Forms 2). I'm trying to think of a features list, what would you like to see?

List of Features:
  • Ability to create groups (public or private)
  • Ability to invite other forum members to your group
  • Ability to send group invite to a friend (outside of forum members)
  • Give groups their own special forum (automatic or assigned?)
  • Show group membership in user profile (Groups tab)
  • Phrases integration (Ability to call the system "Groups" or "Clubs")

I think this already exists: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/social-groups-for-xenforo.267/

Or, at least, you might be able to start with it and add any other customisations you need.
No offense to the author who I am sure works hard on his products, but I'm not a fan of his addons and their front-end look and feel. It always feels off. I actually didn't notice the addon when I did a search for groups. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Thanks for the suggestion. Any reason why there are no screenshots? I have no idea what this looks like and the description is extremely vague. Not a good to list your features as "the same as this addon" with a link to the addon.

Thanks for the suggestion. Any reason why there are no screenshots? I have no idea what this looks like and the description is extremely vague. Not a good to list your features as "the same as this addon" with a link to the addon.
No idea. Think they might have disappeared when the add-on was changed from being a paid for add-on to a free one. It basically just looks a lot like the rest of XenForo though.

Edit: I've added some screenshots now.

No idea. Think they might have disappeared when the add-on was changed from being a paid for add-on to a free one. It basically just looks a lot like the rest of XenForo though.

Edit: I've added some screenshots now.
Thanks, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. The discussion forum is a small part of the group, not the main course.

Top Bottom