1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Groan - IE6

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Cory Booth, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Cory Booth

Cory Booth Well-Known Member

OK...
    I have to ask...
    How does this look on IE6?

Some of my sites are accessed by government office machines which are "locked" to IE6...

2. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

It's looks good in IE6.

3. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

It works in IE6, doesn't look perfect, but you can use it.

4. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

It looks a lot better than vB4 anyway

5. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

Is XenForo safe to use across all browser types and operating systems and mobile phones? Linux? Apple? PC? Android? Firefox? Opera? IE? etc. etc. Is there any browser in which this software won't work and will look like crap? Just curious?

6. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

There's been very little browser complaints.

Mobile skin will come, but not sure when right now: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...k-this-is-the-only-way-to-go.1397/#post-18297

7. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Looks much better than many websites out there, even mine. I don't know how to cater for IE6 :(

8. Disjunto

Disjunto Well-Known Member

If you're using android 2.1 and masking the browser as a desktop version, then you can't post messages because it fails at the WYSIWYG. But that's the only browser/os/setting situation where functionality is lost that I know of

9. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

IE 5?

10. Disjunto

If someone is still running IE5, they can ignore the web

11. Floris

Floris Guest

And the web should ignore them. It's post-millenium, crickey

12. bookmark

bookmark Well-Known Member

My computer at home is running IE6.As I tested,some icons can't be shown in IE6 and some ajax works much slow than it in Chrome.
    Please see blow picture show the difference.
    未命名.jpg

13. Disjunto

Javascript is going to run slower in IE6, no matter what, IE6 is much slower at JS than modern browsers. I guess it also fails at the weird border/css tricks used for drawing triangles :p

but none of these affect the actual functionality of the system