1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Gray Small Avatar Boxes

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by denisx04, Jul 21, 2013.

1. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

As you see we use large avatars, but there are those who upload an avatar and it shows up little and it leaves a gray box behind it. Is there way i can force the small avatars to become larger?

[​IMG]

2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

you could try adding the following in the extra.css template or set the size to your preference.

Code:
    .messageUserBlock .avatar img {width: 192px; height:192px;}

3. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

Thank you for your reply Shelley, I inserted the code and unfortunately it did not work :/

4. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Code:
    .messageUserBlock .avatar img {width: 192px !important; height:192px !important;}
    Might need to use !important.

Shelley likes this.
  5. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

Thank you for your reply, tried that as well and no luck.

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Can you post a link to that thread so I can inspect the code?

7. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

It re-sized the avatars for me on my installation on a custom style so you could have some conflicting css in EXTRA.CSS already. You might want to double check since it worked fine for me.

Steve F likes this.
  8. Steve F

If you changed the size of avatars after users already uploaded a avatar you may have to have them re-upload them. I know we had to on our site.

Shelley likes this.
  9. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

10. Steve F

The avatar in that post is only 100px x 100px, you will have to get the users to upload new versions or larger version of the avatar.

11. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

Yeah I tried, when they upload smaller avatars that is how it looks. I would love it if I could stretch it out to fit the whole box instead of the small avatar being in the center and a black box behind it.

12. Steve F

There really isn't anything you can do, you already have the CSS in place. To stretch the image it would have to be with in-line styling and that isn't possible with how avatars work.

You have this:
    Code:
    .avatar .img.l {
    width: 192px;
    height: 192px;
    }
    Which is all that can be done as far as I know. Plus stretching a 100px x 100px image to 192px would kill its quality.

denisx04 likes this.