Gravatar is retina ready

This does not apply to avatars already uploaded?
The existing avatars show appears in the top left 1/4 when you click on the member cards.
Yeah... didn't think of that before. I changed the CSS on my stuff to force the displayed avatars to be a certain size, vs. scaling down 50%.

Code:
.avatar .img.s { background-size: 48px;}
.avatar .img.m { background-size: 96px;}
.avatar .img.l { background-size: 192px;}

.visitorPanel .avatar img {
width: 96px;
height: 96px;
}
.memberCard .avatar img {
width: 192px;
height: 192px;
}

Yeah... didn't think of that before. I changed the CSS on my stuff to force the displayed avatars to be a certain size, vs. scaling down 50%.

Code:
.avatar .img.s { background-size: 48px;}
.avatar .img.m { background-size: 96px;}
.avatar .img.l { background-size: 192px;}

.visitorPanel .avatar img {
width: 96px;
height: 96px;
}
.memberCard .avatar img {
width: 192px;
height: 192px;
}
When you search something, the avatars on the search result page is double the normal size.

So after being live on XenForo for a week now... I'm really glad I spent the time to make everything retina quality. Even though we aren't using a mobile style, the default style looks really nice on cell phones and other high dpi screens.

I'm using the same avatar here as I am on my site, and you can tell the difference quite a bit on a high resolution screen:

Image%202013.01.28%2012:19:07%20AM.png

Has anybody tried to get the avatars retina ready in 1.2 with the method of @digitalpoint yet? I tried it, but seems not to work properly. Maybe I have to take a further look into it.

Top Bottom