Graphic Hub - Graphic Community

Xyphien

This site has been up for a few months now, and I figured I'd share it with the community of XenForo for some constructive criticism.​
GraphicHub.net is a community of graphic designers with various free resources for members, a well working forum currency to encourage members to posts. We offer loads of free services for our members, and everyone has a say in what we do next. We are currently setting up with holiday/christmas stuff. Falling snow, and a huge christmas contest type thing going on.​
Though the company I purchased the theme apparently shut down, I still find that this theme is absolutely amazing.​
GraphicHub - Graphic Designer Community is a graphical forum designed for any type of graphic designer. With loads of free resources that graphic hub offers such as C4D's, Effects, Textures, PSD's, and more it's no wonder people chose Graphic Hub for their graphical forum. GH also offers requests for members who are not that graphically talented, with these you can pay members of the community our own forum currency to design some graphics for you.​
Graphic Hub is also one of the few Graphical Forums that has an online, forum currency. These can purchase things such as custom colored usernames that glow, VIP membership, Premium Resources, and much, much more.​
The experience is limitless with Graphic Hub, so what are you waiting for, join now.​

Really nice style and I'm liking the xmas touches you've made to it. There's not much I can criticize about the style since it's a nicely designed style but if I were to it would be the navigation dropdown menus, I feel these could have had more focus and designed to reflect the rest of the style but apart from that, nice site, excellent style and overall great job on it. (y)

I'm still of the mind that a graphic or design community is pretty much required to do their own design, otherwise I just can't get myself to register or bother with them. The fastest way to get a design community to grow is by showing off your own creativity and originality.

I'm still of the mind that a graphic or design community is pretty much required to do their own design, otherwise I just can't get myself to register or bother with them. The fastest way to get a design community to grow is by showing off your own creativity and originality.
I'm not a coder, and I'm not going to design off of the normal XF Style. I cannot code from scratch, and by being a graphic designer you don't have to know coding, as you simply just need to know photoshop/Illustrator/graphical software. So this makes no since as why you don't register to forums that use a pre-made paid theme, as a lot of GD's can't code.

I'm not a coder, and I'm not going to design off of the normal XF Style. I cannot code from scratch, and by being a graphic designer you don't have to know coding, as you simply just need to know photoshop/Illustrator/graphical software. So this makes no since as why you don't register to forums that use a pre-made paid theme, as a lot of GD's can't code.
Unless they're professional designers, most designers are egotistical (I know I am), immature and a bit snobbish. My previous post was to say that the easiest way to attract more graphic designers is to show off your own work, not using someone elses, as you'll gain no respect for that as a designer, no matter how amazing the theme you use is.

Unless they're professional designers, most designers are egotistical (I know I am), immature and a bit snobbish. My previous post was to say that the easiest way to attract more graphic designers is to show off your own work, not using someone elses, as you'll gain no respect for that as a designer, no matter how amazing the theme you use is.

Now that you word it differently, I may make a theme, or take a theme and redesign it from the ground up.

I agree with Forsaken, I've always felt design communities should avoid pre-made themes, stand out from the crowd and be unique.

With that said... I've always loved that design, and your guys logo is awesome.

Nice xmas effects, and good amount of nodes, not too many not too few.

Now that you word it differently, I may make a theme, or take a theme and redesign it from the ground up.
It really isn't hard to do, and you should be able to do whatever you need too with the default style.

Also HTML/CSS isn't hard in the slightest.

It really isn't hard to do, and you should be able to do whatever you need too with the default style.

Also HTML/CSS isn't hard in the slightest.
I'm simply going to edit the style we currently have to our own designs. The default style doesn't have the perks that our theme has. So we can do the same thing we would with the default style to our current style :3

Made the new theme for the new year. Thank you everyone who nicely gave me constructive criticism on the theme, and new theme.

Made the new theme for the new year. Thank you everyone who nicely gave me constructive criticism on the theme, and new theme.
You're not allowed to remove the branding from the SeaXenal style unless you've purchased a branding free license.

You're not allowed to remove the branding from the SeaXenal style unless you've purchased a branding free license.
I never removed it, simply added "Coding" to it, since just about all images have been changed. We used it for their code. And I see no reason why that should not be allowed.

Ok here we go with my thoughts :)

Forum node icons seem a tad bit in my opinion
Forum node icons need some padding on the right, the node title seems crushed next to it.

The category names are a bit hard to read when it's white text on light blue poke-a-dot background.

Ok here we go with my thoughts :)

Forum node icons seem a tad bit in my opinion
Forum node icons need some padding on the right, the node title seems crushed next to it.

The category names are a bit hard to read when it's white text on light blue poke-a-dot background.
Yeah, I'm working on the coloring now. I just noticed all the text is a bit hard. Thank you for your insight.

use dark colors on text shadow to pop bright colors over bright colors...using the same color causes a blur effect...bright colors in this case would cause a snow-blind effect (in reference to the username styles)

I never removed it, simply added "Coding" to it, since just about all images have been changed. We used it for their code. And I see no reason why that should not be allowed.
Changing or adding things to the style doesn't change the fact that the style is originally done by Kim, and that she does not allow removal of copyright without a) permission, b) branding free license.

A style/design is not only about the images and coding, it's an "idea" and the implementation of the idea. Even if you have changed the images in my opinion a style branding should remain the same, since "coded by so-and-so" and "styled by so-and-so" means two different things, coded can mean that the idea and design was yours while they just made it work on xenforo, while that is not the case is it? :)

No personal attacks here, just wanted to give in my 0.02$ here, since as the administrator of a graphic community you should know that :)

Top Bottom