Gotta love the irony

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiCk Newman

I make a thread giving compliments about xenforo/etc and it gets closed?

I try to come and support you guys, not one developer or anyone said "thanks NiCk!"

But whatever, i'll keep the nice comments and wont post anything "good" about xenforo then if you're just gonna bash me and close the topic, when I am specifically backing up XENFORO and I am on XENFORO's side...

That guy came in and started to bash xenforo's features compared to ipb 3.0 which were false and untrue, u guys believe him? lol

I don't think by any means it was a criticism of your complements, but rather, most of us here at XenForo prefer to take the moral high ground and saying that most competitors have certain advantages and they are all unique in their own little ways. We do want to limit the amount of "bashing" against other products though.

I make a thread giving compliments about xenforo/etc and it gets closed?

I try to come and support you guys, not one developer or anyone said "thanks NiCk!"

But whatever, i'll keep the nice comments and wont post anything "good" about xenforo then if you're just gonna bash me and close the topic, when I am specifically backing up XENFORO and I am on XENFORO's side...

That guy came in and started to bash xenforo's features compared to ipb 3.0 which were false and untrue, u guys believe him? lol
It got closed due to back and forth bickering, and bashing of competitor products (All of which would get closed on most sites).

I rarely see the developers thank any individual member, though they often like posts by members. If you're posting expecting gratitude, that kind of defeats the purpose of the post in the first place, as you have an ulterior motive.

Any reason why I see this thread on the forum index but not in the "General XenForo Discussion and Feedback" forum?

I wasn't bashing any other products, TheRevTastic instigated it by bashing xenforo as he said it doesn't have as much features as ipb 3.0, which is not only untrue but I don't agree.. lol so That's how the argument started, it was supposed to be a thread on thanking the developers for the awesome software, not some flaming match, but whatever.

Was it really necessary to start a thread complaining about a thread which you started being closed?

The other thread had just devolved into bickering between two members and this really isn't the place to be bashing competitors' products.

A general admin forum is better suited to discussions of that nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom