Got my grandson an iPad 2

Great move BTW, kids should be encouraged (were budgets can afford) to use technology. The grief I got from my peers for suggesting similar for my daughter.

Anyway, very cool of you.

Thumbsup. Very exciting to see technology reach this far - coming from a single line interpreter to a word processor in the office. One household with one computer was luxury 15 years ago. Now everybody has their own smart phone, tablet, laptop, computer or two at the house, etc. And the user-interface becomes quite intuitive. And this is all just the beginning.

Very cool to see how it is all more and more embraced. If only everybody could afford these 'toys' for their family members.

Nice one....he seems to be very happy :)

I remember i had to work for months to buy a laptop for myself ...Dad was always against buying such stuffs for me :(

Thumbsup. Very exciting to see technology reach this far - coming from a single line interpreter to a word processor in the office. One household with one computer was luxury 15 years ago. Now everybody has their own smart phone, tablet, laptop, computer or two at the house, etc. And the user-interface becomes quite intuitive. And this is all just the beginning.

Very cool to see how it is all more and more embraced. If only everybody could afford these 'toys' for their family members.

Well, there are also less expensive tablets :)

My son has an iPad. I gave mine to him when I purchased the iPad2. He loves it and can do just about anything on it.
He's permitted to play games on it as long as he spends an equal amount of time using the educational apps I downloaded onto it before handing it over.

That plan is working well, so far.

I understand where you're coming from Peg, I just think that it's all "educational" and loses a lot when it becomes a "chore". I like to encourage discovery. Any of it is far more mentally and even physically stimulating than we had with the "TV generation".

I like how he turned it on and slid it right open without even thinking twice. Most of the kids of know would have thrown it across the room once they realized they couldn't eat it.

I understand where you're coming from Peg, I just think that it's all "educational" and loses a lot when it becomes a "chore". I like to encourage discovery. Any of it is far more mentally and even physically stimulating than we had with the "TV generation".

Oh it's not a chore for him at all. These are very fun educational apps that I installed, and he loves them. He'll go play one of his games then come back to the math, then one of his games and then to the science. Even I like to play them!

Top Bottom