Got 2 mins free? :3 need some imput on my new skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

x4rl

Been working on my new skin (based on Eric's awesome skin) and there is a few parts am still unsure on :)
If you have a few mins free take a look and the images below as there are a few "arrows" with questions on them...

BIG IMAGES INC! (sorry)
Thanks

It looks great! I love that bar at the top and I think it will look better without the bottom breadcrumb. You can also try and change the color of the top breadcrumb to black like the bar on top. If you dont remove the bottom breadcrumb I'd say it would look nicer if black as well.

Everything is good, but remove the bar at the bottom (With or without... ie... Go without)

edit: coloring in the 1st image is better

edit: coloring in the 1st image is better
I will vote for Second one :)

Quite nice, although it's quite a color.. second one is the best though.
Just a sec there both the same skin :P home and forums

WOW - 'scuse me while I get my shades.... brb
So its too bright?

Everything is good, but remove the bar at the bottom (With or without... ie... Go without)
K thanks

Seriously, I do like these styles.

I love green, in just about any shade. A few years ago, that bright green wouldn't have bothered me.
But I'm getting old and my eyesight isn't what it was.

If you are designing for a younger crowd, I think you have a winner here.

1st example I prefer the simplicity, but I am not fond of the green, if you are going this way, then use a more yellow based "natural" green, like those on the left of the banner image, not those on the right of the banner image, and the green you have currently which is a particularity unpleasant fake green colour.

Don't lose the bottom breadcrumb from the whole board, to remove it from the front page is OK, but not altogether, it performs a vital function in being able to easily navigate your site from posts or thread view.... restyle it to be less intrusive if the look of it offends, but never remove it ;) I cannot navigate forums other than Xenforo now, or rather it annoys the HECK out of me to have to scroll to the top to navigate, the bottom breadcrumb is brilliant!

:)

I'm with Kim in that I prefer the top example best. Reason being is that, if you go with the bottom one, it's going to be very hard to see any text that you put on those category strips.

I do like the images in the footer.

Where's the logo? I think I prefer your current skin, which has a lot of black in it. And for all the melons...perhaps have a little Anime girl (cartoony style like in your current logo) taking a bite out of a piece of melon.

I love the current one :) The black is awesome.
But I'd put the cool hover over effects
I also like the "logo girl" on your current one.
It's like your brand.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom