Google scraping concerns

Rarely when I see the answer on a Google snippet do I even go to the originating page, unless I think their may be more detail that I would like to know.... but generally when I am doing a search, I am looking for the answer, and if the snippet provides that, I have no need to go to the site... I'll use the answer I found and fix the problem that I was asking about and then go about the remainder of my rat killing.
IMO I think it's useful because some site owners put a lot of useless junk / filler in their article when a simple answer is expected.

For simple answers, I get it straight from the Google search page.

But sometimes I find myself having to click the result because the snippet may have answered part of my question but there's more I need to read to understand why the answer is what it is.

But as a site owner, I do notice an influx number of visitors when I get my content showcased at the top like this.

So I don't mind at the end of the day.

If you have a problem with it (generally speaking), you're free to opt out like @eva2000 pointed out.

If you have a problem with it (generally speaking), you're free to opt out like @eva2000 pointed out.
Yah... it doesn't bother me personally as I run the site for me.. and if others get a benefit (or want to join and play) I'm happy. I personally don't care where/how they get the information from my site via. But apparently it did bother the OP.
My point on the matter was that if the answer is fully provided on Google Search, then the user looking for that information has no real incentive to visit your site other than pure curiosity, so generally there is no SEO benefit to you.

In a way, one should consider that Google is, in fact rewarding you by allowing your website's name to appear on the first page, which is essentially the hottest spot on the internet. Yes, you might not receive an immediate user click, but in return your site's name is right there selected among all the other competitors. This naturally contributes to building a positive reputation for the quality of your content and sets you apart from low-quality websites.

Yes, you might not receive an immediate user click, but in return your site's name is right there selected among all the other competitors.
Problem is.. you may be at the top for THAT search... but you won't be for every search, so unless it is a similar topic, you won't be there for other searches by that person... and the old saying still applies - out of sight, out of mind. ;)

IMO I think it's useful because some site owners put a lot of useless junk / filler in their article when a simple answer is expected.

But sometimes I find myself having to click the result because the snippet may have answered part of my question but there's more I need to read to understand why the answer is what it is.

But as a site owner, I do notice an influx number of visitors when I get my content showcased at the top like this.

A good example of this is most recipe bloggers... Some of them will have 20+ paragraphs that are only tentatively related to the recipe, and even then the writing isn't that great.

Google snippets are usually reserved for high-ranking sites. I wrote about them in a book I published about website marketing for a specific industry FOURTEEN years ago. :)

As Martha Stewart says... "It's a good thing."
martha stewart dating GIF

Top Bottom