1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Google Plus1 theme ?

Discussion in 'Resource Requests [Archive]' started by erich37, Aug 24, 2011.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

is any of our talented theme designers here able to design XenForo to look like "Google Plus 1" ?

Not totally overhauling the XF-design, but changing the colors and the navigation similar to this:

http://www.google.com/+/demo/

2. Mr. Blogger

Mr. Blogger Active Member

ShadyX and erich37 like this.
  3. Floris

Floris Guest

4. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

O_O Cooooooool! :)

5. ibnesayeed

ibnesayeed Well-Known Member

Fuhrmann likes this.
  6. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

He states that he does not share his styles...on his board....

I think it would be really neat for some folks to design styles based on Google simplicity - that is, everything from a lot of white space to the basic colors to the font types. The reasoning is simple - firstly, Google does millions of instances of A/B testing, so they know what people read best! Secondly, for many people the web becomes a less shocking adventure when their hangouts look somewhat similar...that is, since most everyone uses google or FB, they will likely feel at home in forums with a similar (but not exact!) style.
    Also, such styles could possibly use larger default type for some parts - thereby being easier for the 30-60 crowd (which my forums, for instance, serve).

ibnesayeed likes this.
  7. ShadyX

ShadyX Well-Known Member

Who does?

That theme was custom work created for a client who at the time was creating a forum about google plus. He has since shut the forum down and I am not sure what he is doing with the theme.

Don't hold me to this but I may create another G+ theme for XenForo in the next couple of months and release it as a paid product.

MichaelDance and Fuhrmann like this.
  8. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

Anyone has a screenshot of the theme at that web site? I can't load the forums since they are down.