XF 1.1 Google Plus linking?

phaze3131

Hey guys,

Can I link my google plus profile to forum to show up in google searches?

Just like this one:
2013-09-09_0816.png

I know it works with blogs but not sure with a forum or xenforo

Saw the instruction and did that but not sure if possible with forum
https://plus.google.com/authorship

I haven't seen it done, but have you attempted the instructions? It may be against their ToS somewhere or not since they require "By [Name]" on every page, and if you claim authorship and really don't write it, Google may be against it.

If you have a google+ account with the same avatar as your forum login then it should work by pushing the RSS feed of your forum to your google+ page.
As long as you are the topic starter - it picks up the avatar of whoever started the topic so no problems with you claiming ownership

I haven't seen it done, but have you attempted the instructions? It may be against their ToS somewhere or not since they require "By [Name]" on every page, and if you claim authorship and really don't write it, Google may be against it.

Yea, true.. I did, but did not show up when I did a search.

I'm trying to figure out how. Maybe I can add "By [Name]" on each of my post. I don't know. I just want that to show on news that I post on forum, not normal threads.

If you have a google+ account with the same avatar as your forum login then it should work by pushing the RSS feed of your forum to your google+ page.
As long as you are the topic starter - it picks up the avatar of whoever started the topic so no problems with you claiming ownership

Interesting.. How do I push myRSS feed to my google + profile?

Top Bottom