Google Music (USA Beta)

Are you using Google Cloud?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nysm

Just noticed Google have opened up their own music cloud but unfortunately it's only available to US residents.

It downloads to all devices that can access the internet cloud feature by either browser or application (app) I was told.

Anyway, check it out here.

I have never heard of any of these and don't know what they are, what they provide, or what it can do for me who has already ripped all of my music to hdd. Anyone care to elaborate?

I said that in the original post! You should of read it before you clicked to be disappointed! :p

I don't use spotify, I use grooveshark :)

Pffffffttt... reading first is soooo over rated
bleh.gif

I have never heard of any of these and don't know what they are, what they provide, or what it can do for me who has already ripped all of my music to hdd. Anyone care to elaborate?

Basically, it's a way you can synchronize your music to the program and listen to your imported music on multiple devices (like your iPhone or Blackberry).

It is in early beta stage and as usual invitation based. So, I have no luck yet being in USA.
I was invited to their Google Wave but unfortunately as a great idea it was, it didn't last very long because it was in beta for such a long time and was never really given out to the public. It was however considered to be built for a different program for special offices or stuff that would like to use it or still use it. I even still have 10-20 invites to give out too so if you want one you can just send me your e-mail address by PC or something. (That's if its still accepting new users)

Edit: Google Wave Update

I was invited to their Google Wave but unfortunately as a great idea it was, it didn't last very long because it was in beta for such a long time and was never really given out to the public. It was however considered to be built for a different program for special offices or stuff that would like to use it or still use it. I even still have 10-20 invites to give out too so if you want one you can just send me your e-mail address by PC or something. (That's if its still accepting new users)

Thanks for your offer. But I have already used it for few months. :-)

Anyone heard about www.fizy.com ?

Not until now. Thanks.

I don't see US on that page at the bottom (the flags). Is that just for language or is that country limitations for the software to function?

All I can say about that site is...hmmm? I am still reading however...I don't get it just yet.

I do think that Spotify is European based because there are songs that are restricted from the UK however they can be played in Sweden. I also think that the flags are just for language directories like "American-English" and "British-English", 'Color and Colour' if you get me :P

Give it a go, try download it or something and search for some music. All new users get 20 hours of playtime or you could use alternatives like Grooveshark or Fizy.

Not until now. Thanks.

I do think that Spotify is European based because there are songs that are restricted from the UK however they can be played in Sweden. I also think that the flags are just for language directories like "American-English" and "British-English", 'Color and Colour' if you get me :p

Give it a go, try download it or something and search for some music. All new users get 20 hours of playtime or you could use alternatives like Grooveshark or Fizy.
Spotify is a Swedish company (iirc).

So do we have any premium users (spotify)that can attest that I would not be wasting my time trying it and signing up? I am not going to do a free trial as to me this either works or it doesn't and if it does I want all the features. The price seems very fair considering how many possible tracks you could play in a month.

I must admit that in the course of my making music over time I have bought less and less of other artists music while I was honing my style as I did not want them to effect me until I could be certain of what "my style" was. I am now years into the game have made a bunch of albums of my own and have credits on many others. This might just be a calling for me to get out there and hear what other creators have come up with since I have been so lapsed.

This brings up another question of mine...now I would have to assume that they have a lot of classics on there...how fast are they about adding newer hits?

All and all I would really like to hear from people who use this particularly from those with the premium service.

yet as I read and was about to sign up anyways just because I am inpatient to the point that I could not even finish my own post to ask the questions.....I find...
Spotify hates me and has said:
Spotify in United States

It looks like you're accessing Spotify from outside our launch territiories. In order to buy Spotify premium, you will need a payment card that has been issued in one of our launch territories (i.e. Finland, France, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden or United Kingdom). As a Spotify Premium user you will have be able to use Spotify when you travel for an unlimited time period.

Shot down...

Top Bottom