Google Music (USA Beta)

Are you using Google Cloud?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah it is nothing like spotify as far as I can tell...at least in functionality. Now I am worked up....I need to get a prepaid credit card issued in one of a few countries in Europe it looks like. Now I want to do that just because they say I can't....Damn that is just the most genius marketing technique...the you can't have it method. It is so true. I don't even know if it would be awesomeness or not...I just want to try it now.

I've recieved an invite to Google Music today. It's a nice service but I don't have any android devices, so I will only use it like an online music PC collection.

Here is a screenshot.

google music.webp

Hows that? Google is a company that usually supplies things for free, or at a lower cost than the competition (Google Voice).

Would make sense to have lower prices (if any) to compete with other services.
Synced Storage for files is not all that cheap let alone music and theres already great and affordable competition out there. How much cheaper can google go to remain competitive? They have charged silly amounts before in the past for other services like google apps.

Synced Storage for files is not all that cheap let alone music and theres already great and affordable competition out there. How much cheaper can google go to remain competitive? They have charged silly amounts before in the past for other services like google apps.
Other than Google Adsense, Adwords and their business/education stuff, Google makes almost no money off the majority of their other services.

Other than Google Adsense, Adwords and their business/education stuff, Google makes almost no money off the majority of their other services.
Im just going off logical bandwidth costs and other factors. For regular file syncing like dropbox google cloud sugar sync and all those other services. People arent constantly syncing. At any given time only a few files are maybe updated BUT with this music service people will be syncing hundreds of files and moving them and constantly using this service because lets face it people are music fanatics. I'm one of them. Its not a matter of competion but a matter of how many music files are going to constantly be floating on their system on a daily basis. Its onething to upload a bunch of music but its another to constantly alter it and delete it and or uplore more and stuff and that bandwidth costs money.

Top Bottom