Google delays email to external servers

Hello all
Your mail.quantnet.com and smtp.quantnet.com have nothing to do with your MX records NONE what so ever.
On your MX record you need to point it to an A record for example quantnet.com or you need to create an A record with mail.quantnet.com and point your MX record to it.

June the 8th was IPv6 day : http://www.ipv6day.org/action.php?n=En.IPv6day Where google, yahoo and several other "big" sites double stacked on IPv4 and IPv6 for testing. AND MOST ISP providers for residential lines are not IPv6 ready yet ... so I'm thinking that's what delayed your delivery on that particular day.

your records look fine from what I see ;)

Hello all
Your mail.quantnet.com and smtp.quantnet.com have nothing to do with your MX records NONE what so ever.
On your MX record you need to point it to an A record for example quantnet.com or you need to create an A record with mail.quantnet.com and point your MX record to it.

June the 8th was IPv6 day : http://www.ipv6day.org/action.php?n=En.IPv6day Where google, yahoo and several other "big" sites double stacked on IPv4 and IPv6 for testing. AND MOST ISP providers for residential lines are not IPv6 ready yet ... so I'm thinking that's what delayed your delivery on that particular day.

The initial MX records were pointing to a CNAME record, which is against the MX record standards. That has since been repaired, thus have having one unique MX record pointing to the correct [A record] location. (Duplicate MX records for the same IP address existed previously as well...)

As far as IPv6 day, that should have had zero impact on mail services. IPv4 services were never removed from active status and therefore shouldn't be relevant to the issue being discussed. We certainly didn't see or receive any delay complaints on either Google hosted services or non-Google hosted services.

. IPv4 services were never removed from active status and therefore shouldn't be relevant to the issue being discussed. .

It does because IPv6 DNS was mounted/double stacked .. and that creates few minutes down time on google's services ... it COULD affect delivery services (DNS lookup), again it COULD.

Screen shot posted looks ok

It does because IPv6 DNS was mounted/double stacked .. and that creates few minutes down time on google's services ... it COULD affect delivery services (DNS lookup), again it COULD.

Screen shot posted looks ok

If you believe that Google had to give all their servers an IPV6 address just for IPV6 world day .... Seriously, Google's infrastructure has been running IPV6 for years, they just chose not to advertise the routes over BGP until recently. Enabling IPV6 using BGP should not affect IPV4 traffic if done properly.

My AS network has been IPV4 and IPV6 enabled for around 4 years now, I am nothing in comparison to Google.

And it wasn't working when I needed it and you the most ;)

Anyway, after I supposedly "fixed" it (look at the last screenshot), I sent a few test email from my gmail account and it took more than 24 hours to get the first test email.

Apparently, the fix does not improve anything.

Return-path: <xxxx@gmail.com>
Envelope-to: andy@quantnet.com
Delivery-date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 20:35:42 +0000
Received: from mail-ww0-f53.google.com ([74.125.82.53]:33628)
by quantnet.com with esmtp (Exim 4.72)
(envelope-from <xxxx@gmail.com>)
id 1QVrNm-0000T1-42
for andy@quantnet.com; Sun, 12 Jun 2011 20:35:42 +0000
Received: by wwj40 with SMTP id 40so3825585wwj.10
for <andy@quantnet.com>; Sun, 12 Jun 2011 13:35:27 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to
:content-type;
bh=tEVmKdn9AvzPSk2unqAHabXedNg0iNom1k46FILQaxA=;
b=rcm7YwCN5qQXohL8h7xYyRKLqgZG9ClIwSdvcbe39b1s6YNnEZ+0mOSuz1cohgMypt
sZIL4FoAKei5G2IQCYF7bdhb392/hYLPv3DSqTN+PdB3POtfpHgpegsGftRexve/NQ1L
h91O36ECkZdRYTT64uh5KfiBlSwsYJ/B16PL8=
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws;
d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;
b=x9s1v+v6TpJuP2JDCFjAYYsNHBH/BhSOaKjpZ0gphOcmPq6OoPjx4rbJpBcjN6svpX
VXbdU7hqXtRbZJiE134t3xjbTQKUUpvqSKwzM//iQvD88BciEVt/Y12M4Mf02HJvUbpY
q7Oti42Pkb/aUWzExKe+eLxF70A97RwH1v/RA=
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.216.140.219 with SMTP id e69mr968924wej.45.1307810672696; Sat,
11 Jun 2011 09:44:32 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.216.183.82 with HTTP; Sat, 11 Jun 2011 09:44:32 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 12:44:32 -0400
Message-ID: <BANLkTinfcbC08V-h9rvdi7dKYid8VTEfpQ@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: test
To: Andy Nguyen <andy@quantnet.com>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=001636e1ebc7945d2404a572669d

If there is nothing wrong on my server setting, DNS records and this delay thing continues or gets worse, the only option is to host the email via Google App.

I don't want to outsource my critical business email to Google. Who knows what will happen to them and their service.

What options do I have?

Andy,

I sent you two test emails, could you please check your email account and reply with information I wrote?

Regards,

I've been researching this... seems like a sporadic issue.

Well at the minimum, emails to your ISP account work, instantly it seems.

I'm sending a email from one of my domains where I host the email server.

Top Bottom