XF 1.4 Google Apps 'Email' for notification emails

surfsup

I tried using the google apps email I have for notifications but it doesn't work, has anyone tried to do this yet?

Yep, and was able to get it to work fine.
What problem are you having with it?
You have to use the same email address in the default email address as the authentication information if I remember correctly.
Are you running on a VPS or shared hosting?
If VPS, why not just set Postfix up to relay to your gmail apps account and then use the native PHP function?

Yep, and was able to get it to work fine.
What problem are you having with it?
You have to use the same email address in the default email address as the authentication information if I remember correctly.
Are you running on a VPS or shared hosting?
If VPS, why not just set Postfix up to relay to your gmail apps account and then use the native PHP function?
I am on a dedicated server and still learning all of this. Right now I had to keep email on my server so it will send out emails - but I use google apps for the 'same' exact email account receive and sending. I just don't get any notifications of the xenforo notification emails or anything unless i login via the servers webmail.

No idea how to 'set Postfix up to relay to your gmail apps account and then use the native PHP function' as you mentioned....

what would be the best bet for what i need? I don't really want to keep mail on my server anymore...

It sounds like your server is configured to be the default mail handler for your domain.
You need to enter the Google-supplied MX records in your DNS MX entries, and then configure your server to not accept mail locally and to instead forward it to the lowest MX record.

FWIW, I too use Google Apps for my forum as well and it works nicely.

Last edited:
Top Bottom