XF 1.4 Google App Engine Paths

mdgross

On Google App Engine I want the file path to be "www/community" and the url to be just "community" but it's failing when trying to determine the route.

This works:
Code:
Path to XF files:
$SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/community'

App.yaml:
# Xenforo
- url: /community.*
  script: community/index.php

This does not work:
Code:
Path to XF files:
$SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . '/www/community'

App.yaml:
# Xenforo
- url: /community.*
  script: www/community/index.php

When I hit http://www.domain.com/community/ it loads the sidebars but says "Route community/ could not be found." or "The requested page could not be found."

Any ideas?

Last edited:
GAE won't have something like this, but this is roughly the situation where the RewriteBase directive is needed for Apache. It's probably leading to the root not being able to be determined properly.

Try setting up a PHP info file ( info.php with this in it: <?php phpinfo(); ?> ) in that directory. If you access it and go to the bottom you should see various _SERVER values. Can you send those to me?

I can't promise that we can necessarily fix it, but I may be able to give a recommendation of a workaround.

Right, everything there does seem to point to the URL to the base script being /www/community/index.php -- there isn't anything we could actually correct for. You should be able workaround it for this specific case by putting this in config.php:

Code:
$_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] = '/community/' . basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']);

Top Bottom