Google Analytics Question

Kenneth Holland

Hello All,

I currently use Google Analytics on my main site (which is Wordpress) and have installed XF in a subdirectory.

QUESTON(S): Can I set up a separate Analytics account for the XF side to keep the two separate or is that not possible because it's in a subdirectory?

And if I can 'go separate', where would I install the Analytics code?

Thanks. :)

Ken

Hello All,

I currently use Google Analytics on my main site (which is Wordpress) and have installed XF in a subdirectory.

QUESTON(S): Can I set up a separate Analytics account for the XF side to keep the two separate or is that not possible because it's in a subdirectory?

And if I can 'go separate', where would I install the Analytics code?

Thanks. :)

Ken

Yes, just use the Admin tab in Analytics (on the right) and create a new site (which gets you the separate tracking code).

Then in your XF Admin Control Panel, go to Options > Statistics and Metrics and fill in your code in the Google Analytics Web Property ID field. (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Yes, just use the Admin tab in Analytics (on the right) and create a new site (which gets you the separate tracking code).

Then in your XF Admin Control Panel, go to Options > Statistics and Metrics and fill in your code in the Google Analytics Web Property ID field. (y)

Cheers,

I'm assuming I put in the ID that starts with 'UA' then a dash and then a number.

I set it up so I'll make sure it works after a bit.

Thanks Shaun!

You'd be better off using the same code and creating different profiles for your sub-directories. This allows you to look at each profile as if it were its own code but still let's you view your stats for the whole site.

You'd be better off using the same code and creating different profiles for your sub-directories. This allows you to look at each profile as if it were its own code but still let's you view your stats for the whole site.

Do you mean the same Analytics code that I'm using now for my root site (Wordpress)?

That sounds interesting. I wasn't aware you could do that. Any chance of posting a few details on how to set one/a few up?

Thanks,

I created a different profile but it gives me the same ID code as the main tracking.

Top Bottom