Google Analytics Bounce Rate

RichardGaspa

I am a new user of xenFore and the use of forums altogether. We started using Google Analytics on December 8th, 2013, I not really sure if I know how to read the numbers. Please see below capture. Do I have to worry about the bounce rate? It seems a pretty high to me, but like I said I am not too familiar with how to intrepid the numbers.

Google Analytics.webp

I wouldn't be concerned. However, there isn't enough data points for this to be a useful metric. In general, Google Analytics bounce rate is flawed. What if a user found the information they were looking for and left. It takes some work, but setting up an Adjusted Bounce Rate will provide you with better information on engagement. You can set the amount of time for which a bounce is a true bounce. Combine this with your organic traffic and you'll have a better understanding of how search engine users are interacting with your content.

My bounce rate went from 2% (with vBulletin and vBSEO) to 65% with Xenforo. And I didn't really noticed a change...

Screen Shot 2015-01-12 at 22.08.03.webp

My bounce rate is always around 50-55%. Apparently this is pretty common for (most) forums.

I know I often contribute to high bounce rates in my random searching for answers to questions.
Search, read, close mobile browser.

edit: one more thing, if a user lands on a page via a search engine and clicks on one of your ads, his 'bounce' goes into your pocket... :)

Top Bottom