Google Analytics and referrer spam

kaieivindm

Hi all,

A bit curious how you guys deal with referrer spam in your Google Analytics reports?
And if it exists some best practises on how to get rid of it?

Obviously filters in GA is one way, and blocking the addresses in .htaccess files is another one.

What is the best solution? Is there any at all?

upload_2015-1-27_20-32-53.webp

These are just some examples. (A bit unsure on the localhost) - but I do know darodar.com is referrer spam at least.

If possible, would be awsome if some of you can share your GA filter rules on the different methods in use for this increasing issue.

Thanks!

What is darodar?

As you can see in my referral image from GA in the first post, its from darodar.com! But I think its a referral to Alibaba if I am not mistaken. I have stopped opening those links because some of them are virus and other stuff I dont want at all.

sorry, what I meant was that I've had the same domain show up when I investigate spammers on my site. I'd like to know what their business model is.

These sites will not influence SEO, they will just mess with yous GA.
Do not click on those links in the GA.
Exclude them via the filters.
The best article about it, what it is, how to deal with it is here http://www.analyticsedge.com/2014/12/removing-referral-spam-google-analytics/

Their business model is : lets hope those suckers viewing GA 24/7 will click on our link that appears there.

Blocking them via htaccess is useless since they do not actually visit your site. It just APPEARS they are, but they are not. Its some sort of bug they are using in the GA.

These sites will not influence SEO, they will just mess with yous GA.
Do not click on those links in the GA.
Exclude them via the filters.
The best article about it, what it is, how to deal with it is here http://www.analyticsedge.com/2014/12/removing-referral-spam-google-analytics/

Their business model is : lets hope those suckers viewing GA 24/7 will click on our link that appears there.

Blocking them via htaccess is useless since they do not actually visit your site. It just APPEARS they are, but they are not. Its some sort of bug they are using in the GA.

Thanks for the link. Lots of reading material on the issue.

Top Bottom