Google AdSense on Add-On domains

ForumsByMe

Hi.

1)Does anyone know if Google AdSense has any issues with people featuring ads on Addon-Domains? And what steps do I need to take to make my Addon-Domains Google friendly? I have read a problem people can encounter is Google indexing multiple domains on the one hosting account and that the only way to prevent this is to disable Directory Indexing. But so far I can't find any recent information on the internet about this, and with Google constantly changing policies I thought it would be best to ask what is applicable for 2017.

http://support.hostgator.com/articl...your-site/does-google-work-with-addon-domains

http://support.hostgator.com/articles/index-manager

2)Does anyone know how many Add-On domains Blue Host allows? Do they offer a feature similar to Host Gator that allows a user to disable Directory Indexing so that there is no need to touch the code? According to this article I am unsure.

http://www.ppcian.com/bluehost-add-on-domains-and-htaccess/

3)It has become obvious the only way most people get rich with AdSense is by running a large number of niche sites on inexpensive shared hosting plans. Would be interested to hear others experiences with shared hosting plans, Addon-Domains, and Google AdSense before I commit to testing the waters myself.

Hi.

1)Does anyone know if Google AdSense has any issues with people featuring ads on Addon-Domains? And what steps do I need to take to make my Addon-Domains Google friendly? I have read a problem people can encounter is Google indexing multiple domains on the one hosting account and that the only way to prevent this is to disable Directory Indexing. But so far I can't find any recent information on the internet about this, and with Google constantly changing policies I thought it would be best to ask what is applicable for 2017.

http://support.hostgator.com/articl...your-site/does-google-work-with-addon-domains

http://support.hostgator.com/articles/index-manager

Add-on domains are not usually an issue with using AdSense (unless it is a subdomain from a free host, in which case it is also almost always against the host's ToS to put your own paid ads up anyways.)

2)Does anyone know how many Add-On domains Blue Host allows? Do they offer a feature similar to Host Gator that allows a user to disable Directory Indexing so that there is no need to touch the code? According to this article I am unsure.

http://www.ppcian.com/bluehost-add-on-domains-and-htaccess/

It depends on the plan that you buy from Blue Host. It appears that their cheapest plans allows up to 25. I unfortunately do not know the answer to the directory indexing question as I have never used Blue Host. The article you linked to talks about setting up redirects by editing your htaccess so the domain possibilities for your site all direct to the same place which would involve "touching the code". Those are pretty easy changes, though.

3)It has become obvious the only way most people get rich with AdSense is by running a large number of niche sites on inexpensive shared hosting plans. Would be interested to hear others experiences with shared hosting plans, Addon-Domains, and Google AdSense before I commit to testing the waters myself.

In my experience, unless your site is drawing tons and tons of traffic - and then might also therefore require upgraded hosting plans, you are not going to become rich from Adsense. I would be cautious of stories you read on the internet that list ways to get rich quick through websites. For the most part, it is a slow and tedious process. I find those people are often similar to people who you see selling products for Multi-level marketing companies. If you look, they almost always have lots of affiliate links and whatnot hoping people will sign up under their referral code. For most sites, adsense revenue either makes enough to only help towards site costs or has slim profit margins after you pay all those costs.

As for shared hosting plans, they are perfect for smaller sites and it is definitely worthwhile to put several smaller sites on a shared hosting plan to reduce your costs and maximize your revenue. If you have other ways of monetizing your site such as offering upgrades, VIP memberships, etc. those work great in conjunction with your adverting revenue.

Add-on domains are not usually an issue with using AdSense (unless it is a subdomain from a free host, in which case it is also almost always against the host's ToS to put your own paid ads up anyways.)

It depends on the plan that you buy from Blue Host. It appears that their cheapest plans allows up to 25. I unfortunately do not know the answer to the directory indexing question as I have never used Blue Host. The article you linked to talks about setting up redirects by editing your htaccess so the domain possibilities for your site all direct to the same place which would involve "touching the code". Those are pretty easy changes, though.

In my experience, unless your site is drawing tons and tons of traffic - and then might also therefore require upgraded hosting plans, you are not going to become rich from Adsense. I would be cautious of stories you read on the internet that list ways to get rich quick through websites. For the most part, it is a slow and tedious process. I find those people are often similar to people who you see selling products for Multi-level marketing companies. If you look, they almost always have lots of affiliate links and whatnot hoping people will sign up under their referral code. For most sites, adsense revenue either makes enough to only help towards site costs or has slim profit margins after you pay all those costs.

As for shared hosting plans, they are perfect for smaller sites and it is definitely worthwhile to put several smaller sites on a shared hosting plan to reduce your costs and maximize your revenue. If you have other ways of monetizing your site such as offering upgrades, VIP memberships, etc. those work great in conjunction with your adverting revenue.

Thanks so much for the great advice. I decided not to go with add-on domain hosting and will just use separate hosting plans for each domain.

Your probably right about AdSense not making people much money. I just get carried away when I hear people talking about the possibility of running 15 sites and making 15 grand a week....it almost seems doable and realistic. Looks like AdSense will only just be covering my sites costs, and I have given up all delusions of making money with it.

All I can say is if your are intending to make money from AdSense be prepared to understand that Facebook has now less than 2% organic reach. So unless your established it is going to be really hard to get anyone interested.

I never really noticed this until I had paid for ads myself to try and promote my old forum, and since paying for ads once I have found to get any reach at all I now have to pay for ads. None of the posts I create for my new forums page come up in Facebook, because it won't give me any organic reach.

Here is an article to read: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/facebook-declining-organic-reach#sm.001ybiyxw1baifckxi91lhd5t6st4

The only good thing that could come from this declining organic reach is that forums will become popular again once businesses or webmasters get tired of paying for ads and ask their users to interact with them elsewhere.

However I have also found a group about a topic I was going to create a forum for, and the group is only a year old, and just held their first photo competition, and so as you can see Facebook has really taken the place of forums for many people. I have since found a forum that is on this topic, and not only does it have hardly any posts, it is not very active. Yet the Facebook group about the same topic is thriving and very active.

I don't know how I am going to get my current forum noticed without Facebook. It has been online since Feb and not one new member. I thought the keywords were quite high value, in the sense the niche is popular and has a steady search trend, and would have at least expected one person to have joined.

It's so frustrating, because when you post the link to your forum in the visitor posts section, this results in all sorts of ridiculous disciplinary action from Facebook who say your violating their terms and conditions, and taking away the community aspect from their website. Hello. Is it just me or does anyone see a contradiction in how Facebook asks its users to abide by community standards that prohibit advertising, while at the same time bombarding you with ads, and offers to boost your post. I really hate Facebook.

Anyway if I am unable to generate interest by the end of this month, I will abandon all my online aspirations once and for all and make my money completely offline. And most importantly, I will be deleting my Facebook account.

Update. People simply don't click through to the forum. They like the forums Facebook page but then never think to click through and join the forum. Personally a dead forum has never bothered me, but it seems to be like kryptonite to most people. So over this. Will be selling up once my 120 days has passed. Bye.

Top Bottom